Search the forum,

Discuss CH/HW Timer Advice Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi!
I am looking for advice regarding my CH/HW controls. I have a 1994 Mistral Mia oil boiler providing heat for a radiator system and a hot water tank.

The current (old) controls, inc thermostat, are in need of replacement. Currently the CH will only work when the HW is switched on, but the HW will work independently.

I have attached photos of the main functioning parts and wiring, and a rudementary diagram.

I am struggling with the following

A. All the boiler diagrams I have researched has a single plumbing circuit through the boiler with a 3 way electronic valve to direct heat to CH or HW or CH&HW. My system doesn’t appear to have this. Does my system have a valve system?

B. There is a water pump on the CH system, but I can’t see one on the HW system. How is the water pumped to the hot water tank upstairs?

C. What type of Control/Thermostat should I purchase for my system?

Also, if anyone has operating or installation instructions for my boiler, or knows where I can get them, I’d be interested to hear from you.

Thank you for reading, and in advance for any advice :)
F1E0CB8A-8E58-4A8D-A294-D23E96888326.jpeg
FBDDBBCF-92E8-4B20-92AC-C23EAC581DA1.jpeg
4EB8116B-FECF-4510-985E-1C3C1D8D4F1B.jpeg
31CDCB83-70C9-4483-918C-0C57AE05DD46.jpeg

in short your system is

pumped heating
gravity hot water

wouldnt upgrade the controls i would upgrade the system to a fully pumped s plan

Thanks for the reply Shaun. The system will be ripped out in a year or so, so I don’t want to spend too much money reconfiguring it. I’m looking for someone who knows this system and can tell me if I can run HW only and CH only, and which control device to purchase to do this

anything wrong with the existing controls?

pumps on the return not the flow

in short

from prog

heating side
prog
room stat
boiler and pump

hot water side
prog
boiler

Thanks for the reply Shaun. The system will be ripped out in a year or so, so I don’t want to spend too much money reconfiguring it. I’m looking for someone who knows this system and can tell me if I can run HW only and CH only, and which control device to purchase to do this

Upgrade to fully pumped now and it will be good when you replace boiler.

Reply to CH/HW Timer Advice Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
I am repiping my whole house and changing from combi boiler to a 30kW system boiler & 250Ltr or 300Ltr unvented indirect hw tank. Can somebody give advice on my rough plans/sketches for repiping my radiators using 22mm & 15mm. I have only shown the flow line as the return line will just be a...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I should be going 10-60 degs in 30-40 mins by my maths. Don't even mention trying to heat HW and CH at the same time. 30 mins with the immersion adds...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, My gravity fed hot water slows to nothing over 30 seconds. when tap turned off for 5 mins, tap will run again for 30 seconds etc. I have tried the mixer tap/air lock trick about 10 times now and still not fixing. I have drained the HW tank a little so I can inspect the 22mm out pipe at...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock