Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Ceramic kitchen monobloc mixertap in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. footprint

footprint New Member

E850D74A-ED83-4D3A-9B0B-F2FB9474C081.jpeg I guess this might seem a stupid couple questions to the pro plumber but to the diyer which I am I would like to know the answers. Question 1. I have a Wickes Chantiily ceramic kitchen monobloc mixer tap as per attached photo and would like to know wether these are classed as clockwise or anti-clockwise the fact you pull forward to switch the water ON to me that would indicate anti-clockwise however, some say the opposite please can a pro plumber confirm.
    Question 2. Does the colour of the washer at the base of the valve ie Red or Blue refer to Hot & Cold or Clockwise/anti-clockwise. I really would like to know the correct answers to these questions.

2. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

1. Both.
    2. Red hot, Blue cold.

3. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber

Red on left

4. footprint

footprint New Member

Many thanks for your extremley quick answers SimonG to both my questions. These two questions have bugged me for a while. Education is a wonderful thing. Many thanks also to Yorkshire Dave.

5. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber

Normal convention. Always ask now If currently 'wrong' way round.

• Like Like x 1
  6. footprint

footprint New Member

Thanks SimonG. Point taken on board.