Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating switches off after 30 minutes - why? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have a problem with my central heating. Basically, even if I put the thermostat up to 30, the heating switches off after around 30 minutes or so. The house is only luke warm at this stage hence I need it on for longer. Any idea what is causing this? I did previously have an issue with air in the system but think this is fixed now - could there be any link to that? I have a regular boiler system with a tank by the way.

Many thanks.

It could be any number of things. The best bet is to get a Heating Engineer to find the fault. It doesn't sound too complicated.

Boiler stat set too low so boiler goes off before demand is satisfied?

Boiler is on max. I think the pump is on the way out and needs replacing as the living room radiator only gets warm if I turn all the other radiators off. Even after balancing the living room radiator is still cold and only gets warm when others are completely off. I'll try putting the pump on max tonight and see if that helps.
I read that the pump is supposed to get warm - mine however gets very hot and you can only touch it for half a second.

Sounds like a poor circulation issue so the boiler is not getting enough flow and it is overheating or at least coming up to temperature and switching off quickly. It does sound like the circulating pump has failed although it could be a blockage somewhere but more likely to be the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating switches off after 30 minutes - why? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock