Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

We have always used Grunfos as a unit they give good service obviously wilo on occasion.
Watch out tho new system on market soon with numerous small pumps it’s a beano ....I designed it Rob Foster aka centralheatking

Yes or the ups2

There has been various names used on those pumps and I think they are Chinese clones of Grundfoss.
They are incredibly cheap - even high head pumps.
I know even out of the box they generally are noisy and many also fail pumping properly and only pump to some radiators.

There has been various names used on those pumps and I think they are Chinese clones of Grundfoss.
They are incredibly cheap - even high head pumps.
I know even out of the box they generally are noisy and many also fail pumping properly and only pump to some radiators.

Its for my own home so I'll just go for the Grunfos. I can buy from Screwfix for £99 for the UPS2. Really just wanted to make sure these weren't one of those rare but genuine budget buys that do the job. Clearly that is not the case.

Mark

Interesting. Out of interest, have you heard of any fakes of these appearing on the market. Looks genuine, but always a risk with ebay

Mark

EDIT. Seems to sell a lot of different heating equipment so I'm figuring these are likely to be genuine

havent heard of non gen grundfos pumps that are exactly the same

Reply to Central Heating Pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
I am sizing the central heating pipes for a complete replacement. The property has an elongated floor plan so I have used a piping layout consisting of single flow and return headers running the length of the property and take-offs to and from radiators. Currently there is a combi boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm trying to source a replacement pump for my heating system, I suspect the current pump is an older version that has been superseded, could anyone advise what the latest model would be or an equivelant? Wilo Type: RS25/6-3 P No: 4511050 Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock