Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating not working - partially - help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jodi Thomson

Hi all, please say someone can help us. We have recently installed a new Worcester external condensing boiler and a heatrea sadia megaflow to our house. The hot water is working perfect but the central heating is being a major headache. First fault we came across was that when you switched it on some radiators heated and some did not, we thought the fault may be with blockages in the old copper pipes so we replaced the whole lot at the weekend, and still the same fault. We tried switching them on one at a time, waiting till they heated and switched on the next one, this worked for 3 rads in sequence, then the 4th decided not to heat at all, the return on all the most of the rads is not as hot as the flow pipe. We are now thinking there must be a flow issue, but the pipework is exactly the same as our last system, so were bamboozled. We have had 2 plumbers look at this to no avail. Please say there someone out there that can help us, winters setting in fast!!. :eek:

Hi it is a new pump on the system, and it seems to be working fine. We have also tried balancing the central heating, but this is not working either.

Hi it is a new pump on the system, and it seems to be working fine.
Same pump as previously? If not, what did you have and what do you have now?

We have also tried balancing the central heating, but this is not working either.
Turn of all rads but one and check that the remaining rad gets hot; do this for all rads in turn. If they all get hot when running by themselves, the problem is definitely due to incorrect balancing.

The return pipe should always be cooler than the flow.

Do you have TRVs (thermostatic valves) on any of the rads? If so, read the link I gave about balancing.

Hi its defo not the pump - this has been checked and its working correctly. we are going to try out the balancing again with your directions, as these are different from the ones we used last time we tried. We are away to do this now, so i'll let you know how we get on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating not working - partially - help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I have changed the 3 port actuator Honeywell head however this doesn’t seem to have solved the issue, does this mean that the programmer is faulty? Or is...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock