Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating for tiny house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I live in a VERY small 1 bed house with heating sources of wood burner in the kitchen and two electric radiators, 1 in the bedroom and 1 in the bathroom.

I have asked a local heating engineer to give me an idea of installing a back boiler onto the wood burner and then 2/3 radiators into the other rooms.

I was advised NOT to have a 'wet'(?) heating system as it would be impossible to dissipate unwanted heat from the system. The proposed solution was a blown air system which, to me, is not a solution I would even consider.

So, my questions is this...

My house is tiny and, for the most part, heats to a reasonable temperature from the wood burner in the kitchen. At times when the temperature falls below 10 degrees I would like to be able to heat radiators from the wood burner some way.

In my book, comfort wise at least, there can never be too much heat! Yes, I feel the cold! I'm happy to open a window or two! However, if it is a safety issue then I completely understand.

Would really appreciate some guidance/ideas on how best to achieve a warm house from a wood burner without blowing the place up!

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Easy. Correctly sized, input to hot water and heat leak rad. Safety first. Find a HETAS engineer.

But it won't be cheap.

OFTEC is also offering a solid-fuel competency scheme. HETAS is not the only scheme of its kind, and there may be others too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating for tiny house? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to winter we started putting the central heating on. The central heating has a mind of its on it’s really strange iv never experienced this We put the heating...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
C
My parents house has a wood burning stove that is also connected to the central heating ( they have radiators and used to have an old boiler which they took out and replaced with the wood burner ) so the wood burner can also heat water which can then be pumped round the rads and works fine when...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have taken out the heat exchanger because a tiny leak was found around the red gasket at the top of the heat exchanger of a Worcester Green Star 28i Junior. The gasket itself is in perfect condition with no cracks. As you can see from the photo, the rust is near that holding...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock