Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Fault, Motorised Valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of an issue with my central heating this past few days, it's struggling to come on and was wondering if someone here could give me an idea of what's wrong.

When I turn up the temperature to trigger the heating, it often seems to fail. It's hard to say how often, because it can work fine for a few minutes whilst testing, but then minutes/hours later, I'll try it again and it will fail.

One of the valves is making a strange buzzing and clicking/tapping sound - I'm not sure if it's normal, but I'm guessing not?

When it works, I will hear the click of the thermostat, then a whirring of the valve and then the boiler comes on. When it fails, I hear the click of the thermostat and then nothing at all after. Turning the thermostat on and off a few times will usually turn the heating on.

The noise seems to be coming from the bottom unit, as you can hear in the video.

If it's relevant:
Boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 12i system boiler (showing 2 bar / just under)
Thermostat is a 3rd generation Nest
Unvented cylinder as part of the system
Every single component in the entire system is just a few months old.

Yea sounds like the syncron motor has gone

As shaun has said the motor in the zone valve is failing should be a free replacement if its only a few months old ? Cheers kop

As above ^^^

, just under 2 bar ... way too much , should be approx 1 bar when system is cold

The toothed arm inside those Honeywell valves is sloppy and wears. They are poorly made IMO.
You will hear a clicking sound and it will typically work intermittently for a few weeks or months, until failing totally

Thanks for the replies. I thought it might be the motor, I changed it earlier today. It's reliable now, in that it will turn on/off on command. However, the mechanism inside seems to operate slowly. Is this normal? Video below, you can just see the gold mechanism moving:

Yep standard

There made for toque not speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Fault, Motorised Valve? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock