Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Cover useless -'design fault' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertai

I have a Pottertonn Combi 80 boiler - 9 years old.
It brokedown with a broken pcb .so I called COVERHEAT.
They said that that I was not covered as this was a design fault with the Potterton and in my contract design faults were not covered .
Any idea what I should do now ???
For now should I get it fixed or gett a new one ?
would a reconditioned pcb be suitable ?

Get that in writing from COVERHEAT and then produce it to potterton. If they say its not a design fault, then get that in writing and put it to COVERHEAT. It then becomes an argument between them 2 and leaves you to sit back and wait for some compensation hopefully :)

Alternatively, get yourself a new boiler fitted and be rest assured of no problems for the next 10 years. Boilers have come on a lot since then :)

Hi,

At least you got Coverheat to come out to you. I have called them probably 10 times to ask them to send an engineer to my Baxi boiler. I have had cover from them since November. They have been either rude when I get assertive or say that an engineer will get in touch, which they don't. Meanwhile we have the prospect of a cold weekend and only luke warm radiators. Reading other peoples reviews on treatment from Coverheat they either do not turn up or blame the manufacturer.
I have now been in touch with Consumer Direct and after sending a recorded delivery letter giving them 5 days to send an engineer, will now sue for breach of contract. I worry about those unable to stand up for themselves. Moneysavingexpert.com has many eye openning threads about this company I wish I had read them before paying Coverheat.​

pcb on potterton puma and combi 80 which basically is the same boiler go on the blink like nothing else. I have put brand new pcbs in and one momth later im back replacing them again.

Buy a new condensing boiler from a reputable manufacturer like Atag or Broag and if you must vaillant. Make sure you get it with weather compensation so you save even more money !!!!!

by the way Worcester Bosch don't have weather compensation but claim to be green!!!
work that out!!

do some research about weather comp and condensing boilers !! make sure your installer is up to date with installing condensing boilers, its not like the old ones - hang it and run!! you must set them up and the system correctly or els you wil be pulling them off the wall again in 3 yrs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Cover useless -'design fault' in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock