Search the forum,

Discuss CCTS APL OFTEC Oil Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys, I new here so I look forward to reading as well as trying to contribute towards this great forum. I am booked onto the CCTS APL OFTEC Oil Course in Belfast as I am a newbie to the servicing side of the oil industry. I drive oil tankers and would like to do some servicing etc on the evenings and weekends for some extra dollars. Can anyone give me a heads up on the course as well as the company as such. Ie is this course bang on to get me out there fully qualified to service domestic boilers? I look forward to your replies.

Many thanks.

That APL course is for beginners to the oil boiler work, but does I believe include the 101 course, which will qualify you to service or commission (analyse & set new oil boilers).
Honest answer is the 101 course is basic (so the other part of APL must be laughable) and you won’t learn much, nor will you be able to become an expert in a short time . The oil boiler work in this part of UK is saturated with “oil technicians” and you just have to look at adverts.
Gas here is now steadily taking over.
Personally I wouldn’t let a beginner to oil boiler servicing go near my boiler, but that’s just the way the rules work.
And I don’t respect anyone solely on the oftec qualification.
Imo it is just a way of employing people in training centres to use money from the trainees, which in turn will add tax to the government. The end customer pays.

Last edited:
I would agree with Best there.
There is no course that will leave you fully qualified and competent. That goes for everything to do with trades and not just Oil.
There are however, a lot that promise it.
Best way to look at it is like your driving test, passing it means your safe enough to start building experience.....in theory!
Still we all start somewhere.

The tone of my first reply looks a bit grumpy, but I did try to add some smileys, but wouldn't work earlier. So here's some now. - :):):):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CCTS APL OFTEC Oil Course in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock