Search the forum,

Discuss CCN1, CENWAT1, CPA1- Initial ACS gas assesments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hardy1

Hey, i was just wondering if sumone who has just done or recently done there initial(first time) ACS gas could share what they had to demonstrate on the practical side and what are the written exams like open and closed book exam, i have my ACS coming up with in the next couple of weeks, Thanks for your time for reading this.

Practical is safety, safety, safety.
Checking burner pressures, gas rating, flue gas analysis, tightness and letby tests.
Also have to identify safety devices and unsafe situations.

ok, cheerz for that info, what about the cenwat1? is that just the service and comission on the boiler or is it on the water heater 2?, know anything about the written exams?, thanks for the quick reply hybrid by the way.

You don't need to service the appliances, just be able to test they're working safely (bp, gas rate etc). Plus you'll have to be able to identify faults.
I wouldn't worry too much about the exams, if you're up to the practical you'll have no trouble with the closed book part.

o ok, cheers for that, thanks for the information, and appreciate your time, cheerz again

Hey, i was just wondering if sumone who has just done or recently done there initial(first time) ACS gas could share what they had to demonstrate on the practical side and what are the written exams like open and closed book exam, i have my ACS coming up with in the next couple of weeks, Thanks for your time for reading this.

PM Kirkgas & ask for copies of some questions that has compiled that should be of use to you

one step ahead of you there mate lol, kirk has been a great great great great help he has cleared everything up with me, i just wanted to see other peoples points of view, but hey you cant complain with a ACS assesor telling you everything you wanted to know, would strongly recomend any1 thats got questions to ask him, and thanks for the info mikimac very much appreciated, thanks for your time for replying to this message.

for my ACS that i took 2 months ago i had to service and commision every appliance i was sitting..cen**** etc?? didnt find the exams bad whatsoever, there all open book with exception to 1 or 2 and they were very straight forward basic safety. I wouldnt panic, if you have been reading your books and you enjoy what you do i would imagine you will find it very easy.

thanks for your info bob, very much appreciated, yep i do enjoy doing plumbing heating, and yes i have been revising 3-6 hours a day for d last month and a half, doing mock exams e.t.c., thanks for the info again, your time very much appreciated.

cheerz again for the info Kirk, that actually helped me with a couple of questions, cheerz

I agree with Hybrid. Don't worry. The biggest cause of failure is to worry about it. I was bricking it but the written questions are OK. Just remember to be safe and think out each action. Also, for the record it also does depend on what ACTS centre. Some are real bast$&ds and some are brilliant who make you feel relaxed and calm. Biggest tip is to get a good nights sleep the day before. Talk to engineers in plumbers merchants. They know the places

cheers eddide, i appreciate your comment, one thing i learnt about this forum, is that no1 from what i can see here puts your down, they tell you exactly how it is, and you just got to get on with it and stop sulking over it, you lot are really calming my nerves, Gas was a massive step for me especially as i just left school, and started working, i just turned 20, cheerz again.

Your so right. Some of the forum threads are full of Frazer characters out of dads army. "We'll doomed, doomed."

I did my ACT's at MET UK in Rotherham. All we heard from people having failed but in reality very few fail and if they did so what. They just go and do it again. Out of a class of 13 people we all got through. I came out thinking was that it!. Not as half as bad as I anticipated.

lol your right there, yh i understand, i guess aslong as you revise and keep your head down in your books revise, and you have understanding of everything they are going to ask your during the week, combustion, ventilation, flues, gas controls,unsafe situations,installation,faults, pressures, e.t.c., and your going to have the MI! with you on your appliance elements, aslong as you do everything by the book, and follow instructions and be SAFEE!!, i seriousely cant understand how any1 can fail, am i right?, did you take your CPA1?, cheers again eddie

CPA1 is a joke. I think if you can write your name on the form you pass. I don't think I've ever heard of anyone failing that.

o lol, but what is expected from you when you take the assesment and exam?, ive read the viper gas book on CPA1 FGA and am constantly reading over it to refresh the little bits i am not sure with, what did you have to do?, cheers for the reply again Eddie.

5 question exam, open book, then assessment is to demonstrate that you can use the FGA on a range of appliances. At least that's how it worked for me.

o ok, cheers for that info cmairid, any1 else no anything about the CPA1 assesment?, fanks again.

Stick the probe in the sampling point of a room sealed appliance, stick the probe over the cooker, stick the probe over the flue less fire, stick the probe in the flue terminal.
Different probes for different appliances but it'll be explained to you.

I did mine today and passed and that was after a night on the beer , the practical was simple and the multiple choice was a pain in the neck and I still dont know some of the answers so i wouldnt worry to much

lol, good 1, ill be on a massive booze up once my ACS is out the way, Thanks for that info, bloody brilliant haha

i just finished mine yesterday and did all my appliances today if you are doing the initial accesments there is a load more paper work to do so a guy who was doing it today said, good luck

cheers for that information marc, yh i know theres a hell load more paperwork to do lol, thanks for your reply and time cheers, any1 else know anything?? about first time ACS candidates and what it involves practical and exams? thanks.

tightness test, gas rate, working pressure, appliance pressure, visual inspection, fault finding, identification of controls, etc

always work safe

take time

if you dont know the answer, eliminate what you know it aint

thanks for that info Fuzzy, i think i knowwhat you mean b fault finding, you have to go into a bay? and make the appliance work?, am i correct or? not ?, thanks for your info.

yes but its basic changes nothing too complex, adjust pressure etc, check flues for blocks etc

spillage tests, correct size and type of vent

most done in a bay

Many yars ago my tutor allway banged on RTFQ
It served me well,.
You all know what it means dont you?

Read THE QUESTION?? haha

Wondered who would think it is ok to swear on the forums first....you have run the prize...this is not allowed. !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good point actually. I've you're stuck at any point working on an appliance RTM! It's what they're there for and the assessor will be happy to see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol yh tru, and yep wneva i am in doubt i always read the MI even just to look suming up on how 2 do it, cheers for the info though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to CCN1, CENWAT1, CPA1- Initial ACS gas assesments in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock