Search the forum,

Discuss Cavity Wall Insulation and ASHP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sinaloa

Does anyone know how I estimate how the installation of cavity wall insulation will improve the maximum temperatures I can achieve internally with all else being equal;

ie If I run my heat pump at full capacity and achieve a maximum average internal temperature of say 19 degrees before cavity insulation and then I ran at capacity again after and left the operating programme the same on a day with similar external temperatures. I presume I would expect to see an increase in maximum achievable internal temperatures but am trying to estimate by how much.

Our cavity wall insulation was delayed and resulted us getting the ASHP before the improved insulation and I am becoming increasingly sceptical about the abilty of the pump to do the job - if we can expect good improvements from the insulation we may be OK but it is all very tight.

from my small knowledge in this area, its all dependant on the area you live in ie town centre inland or north atlantic coastline, the type of cavity wall you already have be it 2xbrick or brick and thermolite and other factors such as window area etc etc. you really need to have an independant expert review your property, building regs could offer advice as it looks like you and your installers are probably going to fall out idc, based on your previous threads.

Hi again lame plumber, Thanks - Guess I'll have to wait for the insulation to be done - and you are probably right about an eventual fall out with installers!!

I just figured if everything else remained constant and I fed the same heating energy into the same house with the same external temperature there might be some way of estimating how much higher the temperature might go after insulation. I know it would be an estimate based on average heat loss through walls of say 35% but I have no idea if it will push max temps up 2 or 5 degrees. Probably very naive of me - No definitely very naive !!!!

Thanks again for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cavity Wall Insulation and ASHP in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock