Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Cast Iron style rads on 10mm in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Dkdc71

Dkdc71 Member

Sorry Ric2013 I should have said Ireland the only time we would use it is on oil lines

2. Dkdc71

Dkdc71 Member

That's what I mean last time I know of a house piped in it was also built in the 80,s mother in-laws house had it end up repiping the heating every time I would visit she would say one or two rads not working got a pain in the arse listening about it redone it and never a problem since, we were told in college back in the 80,s there was a shortage of copper pipe at the late 70,s the price was too high for lengths so that's why it was used we were told I came out of my apprenticeship in 88 and never once piped a house with it only came across it over the years

3. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber Top Contributor!!

No, I meant houses built SINCE 1980. Including noughties houses ( the plumbing in these has generally been awful, but no flow issues in the ones I have worked in, even though they were in 10mm).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dkdc71

Dkdc71 Member

Over here 1/2 inch would be the standard practice for the rads as I said when came across it we would remove generally blocked ,do you remember the same end twin feed rad valves .absolute ***** last job we came across it was in very expensive houses in Dublin city a builder came in and removed a rad to put patio doors in and just turned the valves off and buried them in concrete no rads would work it was effectively a one pipe system and with the rad removed it wouldn't work **** job for a 1,000,000 pound house plumbing just as bad a lot of cowboys around then and not enough sherrifs