Search the forum,

Discuss Cast iron radiators and heat pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gary

Hi chaps.

I know that low heat systems work well with under floor, but i was wondering if cast iron rads are a terrible idea or not. They can absorb and distribute slower so should work well, No???

Cheers for your views.

Good idea in theory, they would need to be huge though to work with the lower flow temperatures

Hi,

I posted a similar question about radiator outputs and heat pumps. I have just found this which may be some use to this question

[DLMURL]http://www.pipecasings.co.uk/downloads/download%20files/Radiator%20Output%20Calculator.pdf[/DLMURL]

Hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Rads work fine with heat pumps but as said are generally doubled up. Problem with old style rads is they seem to already be double sized for standard boiler so would be massive on a heat pump

Used this combination before and it has worked ok. Just make sure rads are sized correctly.

Used Daikin air to water heat pump with cast iron rads and it worked fine. Just make sure you size the rads and heat pump correctly. You can always use a Daikin high temperature heat pump. Goes up to 80Deg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cast iron radiators and heat pumps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock