Search the forum,

Discuss Career advice please (move if necessary) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

I'm hoping to become a commercial gas engineer. I'm time served and have yet to do my Gas Safe. I have to save money myself in order to do the course.

I want to do commercial gas and maybe in the future open my own business with the ability to carry out work on commercial properties.

The thing is I'm kind of stumped on where to start. Do I go through my core gas and then on to my commercial or do I work for a commercial company first then do my gas?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading!

Do you have your domestic gas

And how long you been in the domestic game ?

No I don't thanks to my local college. They changed to renewables as I came up to level 3. I was tamping.

I've been in the domestic game about 6 years...

The best way is to get a job as a commercial plumbers mate and work up from there not quick your looking at prob around 10 years but you will know your salt

That’s the main thing, I don’t want to do my commercial gas and wing it. I want to know my onions...

How do I get in with a commercial firm though having been bread in domestic?

By getting a job as a commercial mate / helper

Ive not got commercial gas (only domestic) but I do industrial refrigeration which is, just like commercial gas a specialized sector and not something can be gained without 10 + years experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Career advice please (move if necessary) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Morning everyone, if anyone could please offer advice on this issue it would help me with a massive issue regarding the water supply in my flat. My flat kitchen and bathroom was always on mains supply (no tank supply at all) and the rest of the 5 flats were mains supply to kitchen and water...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm having issues with my wireless Honeywell thermostat. It's sat in the living room, set at 18C currently. It makes my Worcester Greenstar 18Ri to short cycle. So, the moment it gets cold outside my boiler works for about a minute, then stops, and starts again in about 5 minutes, then...
Replies
Views
Hi, need your honest views if you would be so kind. I’m 48 and work for the NHS (office based) and earn 44k a year. Ive been do fustrated and fed up in my work for so long that I’ve enrolled to do my gas safe and become an engineer. I know it’s hard work but I’m really excited and I’d love to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I've joined the forum today as I've found myself going round in circles with what I think might be a pretty simple problem, hoping someone can help. Our dishwasher is leaking and the manual says this can be fixed by cleaning the water inlet filter. To do this, we need to close the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock