Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Care home UFH wired incorrectly in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Michael Groves

Michael Groves Member

Master valve is my terminology as it governs the subordinate vavles, look at the diagram, it's in series with the manifold valves. The manifold valve triggers the boiler when any of the thermostats call for heat. All the thermostats are wired into a relay for this purpose.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Remove it then

3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Could be an old valve or it could be for a heating circuit. You need to double check it is for the UFH only.

4. Michael Groves

Michael Groves Member

I’ll double check again to be sure there is no third circuit, but otherwise I’ll unwire and leave manually open, then tell plumber to remove when he next drains.
    Thanks guys,

5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You need to make sure that it is definitely open all the time and cannot close at all or it needs removing at the same time.