Search the forum,

Discuss Cannot get rid of air in rads and pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I posted a few weeks ago because after my central heating system was drained and leaking valves repaired, I could hear the sound of water gushing and coursing through my rads and pipes. The really helpful forum advice was that there must be air in the system and to keep bleeding the rads. This worked temporarily but the noise came back so I called out another central heating engineer. He said the same - there was nothing to be done except bleed the rads. I've bled them twice a day for 10 days and there is marginally less noise, but I can't cure the problem. All I can do is turn down/off the rad (using the TRV) nearest where I sit as the noise drives me mad. I have a 3-year old Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Classic combi boiler. Please is there anything else I can do?

Have you added inhb ?

Hi. I posted a few weeks ago because after my central heating system was drained and leaking valves repaired, I could hear the sound of water gushing and coursing through my rads and pipes. The really helpful forum advice was that there must be air in the system and to keep bleeding the rads. This worked temporarily but the noise came back so I called out another central heating engineer. He said the same - there was nothing to be done except bleed the rads. I've bled them twice a day for 10 days and there is marginally less noise, but I can't cure the problem. All I can do is turn down/off the rad (using the TRV) nearest where I sit as the noise drives me mad. I have a 3-year old Worcester Bosch Greenstar CDi Classic combi boiler. Please is there anything else I can do?
Ok , does the system loose pressure, do,you have to top it up. Chk

If the pump speed is set too high, that can cause turbulence and/or cavitation, which be noisy and may cause corrosion and gas evolution.

Old TRVs may be noisy if fitted on the return rather than flow side. More recent ones are more likely to be non-directional.

Ok , does the system loose pressure, do,you have to top it up. Chk
Hi and thanks. No, the system doesn't lose pressure. It's at 1 1/2 bars. Amazingly, I've been bleeding the rads twice a day for 10 days and i've only had to top up the water once (and then not very much). I wouldn't say I'm getting air out of the system, unless it's possible for air and water to spurt out together. I don't know if that's possible.

I suppose your only next option is to,drain the system , refill with fresh water and see ,obviously later on after a few days you will have to add some inhibitors ...centralheatking

I suppose your only next option is to,drain the system , refill with fresh water and see ,obviously later on after a few days you will have to add some inhibitors ...centralheatking
Thank you. I suggested this to the engineer who called 10 days ago and he said it wouldn't help. I'm going to have to call him out again as the noise is driving me mad.

Get one of these fitted a put 2 litres of sentinel x100

Screenshot_20181110-205851_Chrome.jpg

Reply to Cannot get rid of air in rads and pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Hi All I'm planning on replacing a couple of rads soon as they are far too small for the size of the room causing the room to take an age to heat up but they are all connected via what I assume is Hep2O nothing is labled on the pipes that route behind the rad just on the flap behind the rad...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My property is a 3-bed terraced with double glazing windows... It currently has no central heating, so I will get a new combi fitted shortly... However, I will be putting in the central heating. My question is, is it still necessary to have a lockshield on the hall rad? I assume that...
Replies
Views
About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the new system is okay but we cannot get any hot water without running a bucketfull of cold water first. This means having to wash your hands in cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a sealed system with 18 Rads/towel rads which is run by a greenstar boiler with a sealed hot water tank. I'm using a tado thermostat and the Pump is a 15/50 Groundfos. The issue is there are two radiators that are cold. So I closed down every radiator except for these two, apart...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock