Search the forum,

Discuss Can I Swage Gas Pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

The hand held expanders are terrible things. They split the side wall of the pipe immediately. They are too aggressive.

You have to anneal the copper first before using them.
If you use coiled copper and cut the tube with pipe cutters, you have to remove the burr completely.
We used to use them all the time - not so much anymore due to pressfit fittings.

Saying that we did a 65mm gas main recently and decided to solder the joints due to cost of fittings.
We even pulled out the branch pullers for tees and the expanders for swaging.

72C2BEF0-5A08-4AA4-A23A-344B9EA98F75.jpeg Still buy them

Reply to Can I Swage Gas Pipe? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes behind the electrical CU which I'm due to have replaced soon. We are looking to cut the old pipe out, but trying to working out what material it's...
Replies
Views
I know no one really does. But technically why should we use bonding clamps when we cut a section of gas or water pipes out? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old people. Out here competence and integrity is harder to come by in a worker, in fact it's hard to find workers at all where we are in the countryside...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have recently moved in to a house and in one of the kitchen units where I want to put a intergrated freezer there is a small pipe coming out of the wall. Assuming it's a old gas pipe for the cooker that's been capped as the kitchen no longer requires it. Can this be removed by a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock