Search the forum,

Discuss can I power flush with plastic pipes in central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all can you power flush a central heating system which contains plastic pipe. I have copper just under the Combi boiler then 22mm/15mm plastic pipes then copper to radiator tails many thanks

Along the same lines. Can you powerflush a 10mm system. Plate keeps getting blocked on a viessman combi and they have said to have it power flushed. Asked the customer if she had a mag filter and she said yes and that it was clear when the viessmann tech guy cleaned the plate 1st time round. They won't touch it till its been power flushed but never done 10mm system before. Sorry to hijac this thread.

Plastic pipe can sometimes create an almost grain like debris. It doesn't seam to get caught by magnetic filters.
It needs pipes disconnecting and it blasting out under pressure.

Hi all thanks for the answers, Sammathias I’m always seem to be having to clean and flush my Combi as the hot water heat exchanger keeps blocking (6 months or so).
I’m disabled and going round the drain off points is a real pain so thought I would do a better job this time, plus it can be done all by the machine without having to use the drain off points. I’m also thinking about the Adey Magnacleanse instead off Powerflushing,but with this hot weather I’m trying to work out how to pump round the water cold after an initial heating up. Problem’s problem’s oh well ps there is a lot of big hard pieces of sludge in the water

Waste of time powerflushing if its 10mm , fit a magna pro2 and get somebody with a magnacleanse .
Depending on what sort of debris/crud is floating about don’t forget the filter will only get any magnetic debris

1. Power-flushing a 10 mm system may take longer than power-flushing a 15 mm system as the smaller bore and fittings may slow the flow rate down a bit. However, there's no reason it can't be done.
2. Make sure the instructions are followed. The Kamco ones I find particularly good. If you are getting someone in to do it make sure they record the pH values and the total dissolved solids values for the system before and after flushing. This gives you evidence to show how clean the system is to the Weissmann engineer.
3. You could try the MB3 filter from Spirotech. This catches both magnetic and non-magnetic particles.

Because the debris that forms in system with plastic is not metallic.
I've had this issue, and tried a Magna clean. To no avail. It's caused by lack of quality inhibitor, or the plastic pipe breathing. I think.
Once it's in it's a nightmare to solve, I've had it where I've had to rod the pipework with a sparkys fishing rod bacause it was totally blocked.

Blimey mine isn’t that bad,just had a look at the old Adey Magnaclean that I have replaced and there was black sht on it, I have only ever used Fernox or Sentinel inhibitor but may have not put enough in so am going to get the Fernox Protector test kit to make sure this time. I have 3 bottles of F1 but didn’t know there was Fernox Filter Fluid + Protector as I would have got that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can I power flush with plastic pipes in central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock