Search the forum,

Discuss Can I get new innards for this... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
The valve has snapped inside so would like to just get a new tap and use the innards.

20181211_152222.jpg

Is that tap head a left-hand thread onto the tap body? If not a left-hand thread, then there's a reasonable chance you can fit the head from a new stopcock.

If it is a left-hand thread, then I'm not going to say you won't be able to use the spindle from a modern tap, but I will call it a long shot. Not aware of where you would get a left-hand taphead from.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes!

Reply to Can I get new innards for this... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all - Our toilet has got very difficult to flush. A couple of very quick goes on the handle will do it sometimes, but not others! So we are considering replacing the innards ourselves. I suppose the first question is: is that sensible? ;) Assuming it is, we have looked on various online...
Replies
Views
the thermostatic controller has snapped off the top of one of the radiator valves is the threaded metal collar standard to all valves? Can I fit one fro a different make?
Replies
Views
Hi I have a leak on my kitchen tap it is coming out off the bottom of the cold lever. How do I get the lever off? Also would this tap have a cartridge in the cold & hot or will it be just tap has had it & I need to get a new one?
Replies
Views
I have quarter turn taps in my downstairs bathroom, the sink taps were getting a bit stiff so I replaced the insides with Flomasta 1/2" BSP quarter turn ceramic tap glands from Screwfix. They work fine but are really noisy unless on full flow or trickle, anything in between sounds like Niagara...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to this cast iron pipe back as my new back to wall toilet won’t fit otherwise. Cutting it back i am going to lose the collar. So what fitting can I get for it I would like a flex as it will easier for me when installing the new toilet
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock