Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Can I become a plumber if I hate physics? in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. viorelflower

viorelflower New Member

Is that possible?Can I become a plumber without thermodynamics?I'm not so good at this chapter and I want to know if I have a chance to use more math than physics.I really don't know how to solve PV-VT-PT diagrams and that might take some time until I fully understand them.What are your advices?Please don't leave my thread unanswered.I appreciate your help.

2. viorelflower

viorelflower New Member

Anyone?Am I being ignored?

3. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Well you will be if you expect a response within 22 minutes @ 20.58 on a Saturday night snowflake. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  4. viorelflower

viorelflower New Member

Sorry,I will wait longer.Again,sorry for the disturbance.

• Like Like x 1
  5. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Off course you can become a plumber , a lot harder than you think though .

6. viorelflower

viorelflower New Member

But don't you need some knowledges from thermodynamics(physics) and chemistry?Isn't that the basic requirement?

7. viorelflower

viorelflower New Member

I forgot to ask something.How much thermodynamics do you need to know?Do you need the 2nd principle of thermodynamics?I don't know how to start.

8. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Someone with a degree in physics and found out plumbers earn more?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. viorelflower

viorelflower New Member

No,I don't have a degree in physics.I'm a highschool student and I wanted to know if you use physics and chemistry in plumbing.I was never a college student.I read somewhere that both of these are required but they didn't specified what chapters they use in plumbing.I'm new in this and I want some clarification.

10. viorelflower

viorelflower New Member

Also did you not read the title?It says that I'm not so great at physics.

11. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

What do you think plumbing is / what do you think a plumber does?

12. viorelflower

viorelflower New Member

Well I know that he fixes toilets,sinks,pipes.Why do you ask?

13. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

TBH basic knowledge of chemistry same with thermal dynamics that's it's, more common sense than anything and willingness to learn

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

I started off heating and plumbing and there is money to be made if you work hard. I started by working shifts on the railway and building up my business either side of the early and late shifts days off and 'sick' days. You will get dirty esp if you do drainage, your knees might give out by 50. You might meet really nice and grateful customers and the usual crop of awkward ones - putting it nicely. Do not theorize too much just jump in and get going. Its a young mans game I grew to 20 or so fitters and drifted off into design and product development

15. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

OP , are you in England ?