Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone service my gas fire - no tools/info left left by seller - Gazco Eclipse type in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have inherited what looks similar to the current Gazco Eclipse gas fire but the sellers left no instructions. I have had 3 gas engineers in the house but none are familiar with the model and specifically how it is opened/accessed to begin with. One did say it looks like an allen key fitting.

I've attached two photos - its recessed/hole in the wall type with a metal brown frame. The frame is not demountable or flush, with a 1" gap around. The top of the fireplace inside the recess appears to have to threaded bolts.

Two local gas fire sellers who deal with Stovax have been no use either and the Stovax website is of little use to a novice like me listing hundreds of component details and numbers for spare parts etc when I cant identify a specific model. I would consider replacing the whole thing but that's still an issue for the installer if no one knows how to dismantle.

I'm in Redditch - anyone familiar who can service this thing for me or advise a way forward - thank you.

IMG_20180131_183218.jpg

IMG_20180131_183202.jpg

Looks like a Gazco Studio 1 maybe a slimline mate. Call Gazco and ask them to email you a set of user instructions. 01392 474000

Looks like a Gazco Studio 1 maybe a slimline mate. Call Gazco and ask them to email you a set of user instructions. 01392 474000
Also once you have the instructions. Get a Gas Safe Engineer out to do a service as I’m sure there was a safety alert issued about the draught diverter on certain models. Also give him the part number for the oxypilot so that he can have one on the van. As you/he doesn’t know when it was last changed.

Also once you have the instructions. Get a Gas Safe Engineer out to do a service as I’m sure there was a safety alert issued about the draught diverter on certain models. Also give him the part number for the oxypilot so that he can have one on the van. As you/he doesn’t know when it was last changed.

Cheers.....looks like the model I have, found instructions online for that and it mentions using a hexagon key on the top side which looks right. Cant see how the front frame lifts off as mentioned but likely hasn't been moved for years - making progress.

Cheers...looks like the model I have, found instructions online for that and it mentions using a hexagon key on the top side which looks right. Cant see how the front frame lifts off as mentioned but likely hasn't been moved for years - making progress.
You are welcome. The important bit now is to please get it serviced. By a GSE. The safety alert is for a critical Flue part and needs to be checked before use.

You are welcome. The important bit now is to please get it serviced. By a GSE. The safety alert is for a critical Flue part and needs to be checked before use.

I'll get back on it, I gave up last year and forgot about it over the warmer months, a challenge finding someone familiar with it, thanks again.

I'll get back on it, I gave up last year and forgot about it over the warmer months, a challenge finding someone familiar with it, thanks again.
I know a couple including myself. Give me a shout if you get stuck. I’m only north Brum. But I know someone in knowle. Maybe closer to you.

I know a couple including myself. Give me a shout if you get stuck. I’m only north Brum. But I know someone in knowle. Maybe closer to you.

I have found a GSE who is familiar with this, described the fire to a tee over the phone and will come and check it over - based near Knowle so may be the same person you know. Thanks again for your help here, appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone service my gas fire - no tools/info left left by seller - Gazco Eclipse type in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock