Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone recommend a pipe bender please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyespy999

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi, just embarking on buying some tools for college I have seen a few pipe benders on the market, can anyone recommend a particular brand please? Regards

Irwin hilmoor benders.

Quality bend every time

Some cheapuns 'throat' leaving undesirable ripples on the inside of the bend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a rothenberger for about 4 years now. Bends now as good as day one although ive heard the recent ones aren't as well made

I bought mine a few years back from these guys [DLMURL="http://www.benditnow.co.uk/index.php/plumbing-machines/bhb-15-22/product/show"]benditnow[/DLMURL]. They used to make the Hilmors whilst they were still made in the UK, I think Hilmor moved production to the far east a while back.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suppose it also depends on what you want to bend.

Ive noticed some massive benders on here !

Ive the bendit now , got the 22mm and 15mm bender free with the floor standing bender , but not a peach on my old hilmor, had it for 18years, ( the boogers just starting to crumple bends), 18 years and never missed a beat,

I used to have a hilmor till I used my mates record 218m. The cranked handle on it seems to make bending 22mm a breeze. Think you may only get them second hand now though. This one is on gumtree for 15 quid, bargin!

pipe bender.JPG

My rothenberger is rippling like a goodun. Have to slip a piece of flattened tube in to stop it. Doing my head in.

My Hilmors are starting to kick the bends to the side a bit which is a pain when you want to do parrellel offsets etc. They are about 14 years old so im not sure if they are UK made ones of not. Anyway I bought some of the benditnow ones a year ago as a backup and I find that the formers are really hard to get in and out between the tube and the roller. Anyone found this aswell?

2 no record benders previous 27 years 2 no hilmors in the last 6 years and time for a new one just now..brum

I used to have a hilmor till I used my mates record 218m. The cranked handle on it seems to make bending 22mm a breeze. Think you may only get them second hand now though. This one is on gumtree for 15 quid, bargin!

View attachment 20109

That's what I've got. It was my Dad's before me and I learnt to bend pipe with it when I was still nipper, working with him. I should buy another one and keep this at home - I'd be gutted if it got nicked...

Here's three: "A Sunday afternoon in the Plumbers Arms Beer Garden."
3155897486_d61dbdb892_zpsa7a25778.jpg

Last edited:
I treated myself to a new bender amongst other things at a trade show, I got the Nerrad bender because they said it was made by the same guys who made the old hilmore, it's not put a foot wrong so far, I don't get the bender out as much as I used to but if I had to compair it to whats currently available I'd say it's probably the best you'll find.
I did once buy a second hand original hilmore hoping for that old magic but it was too warn and kept rippling the pipes!!
Goog luck with your collage eyespy999!!!

I've had my hilmor benders for about 10 years now. I throw them around a treat still work fine. When they start rippling the pipes out come the cleaning strips and clean it up and then it's like new again.

Here's three: "A Sunday afternoon in the Plumbers Arms Beer Garden."
3155897486_d61dbdb892_zpsa7a25778.jpg

Was Croppie taking the photo?

You UK plumbers are certainly one step up on us fellas.

Was this a ' A Day at the Races ' , ' Find me somebody to Love '
or just ' I want to break free ' moment?

Or are you guys just ancient ' Bros ' fans?

Oz

Was Croppie taking the photo?

You UK plumbers are certainly one step up on us fellas.

Was this a ' A Day at the Races ' , ' Find me somebody to Love '
or just ' I want to break free ' moment?

Or are you guys just ancient ' Bros ' fans?

Oz

No; Croppie being an identical triplet was too busy taking a photograph of his other two brothers.
They'd just got back from doing a commercial job down Cork way and didn't have time to clean-up.

b0917ae0-de24-4e2b-96bb-8b5dbcca61c3_zpsbd32da1d.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't that Tamz on right!

Nah, the last anyone seen of Tamz he was doing his Spiderman impersonation, climbing the walls, looking for his arch villain and nemesis Mr. Nic O'teen, as he's off the ****.

Nice to get one in on here under the Croppsters radar thou; I've come over all smug:)

I bid ÂŁ32 on a Record pipe bender today on Ebay.
Almost new in box and fairly close.
Someone else bid ÂŁ33 with 20 seconds to go.
Never mind.....

Record thought they changed to hilmor years ago..brum

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone recommend a pipe bender please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
Hiya - posting in this forum as I'm guessing this relates to my neighbour above's boiler, but I may be wrong so please say if so. Basically the attached pix and vids show my issue. I've got a small copper-looking pipe protruding from the wall above my rear tenement bedroom. It's dripping almost...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to replace my bathroom tap with a new one, I am trying to remove the existing rusty flexible tap connectors from this bit of 22mm copper pipe. But this thing is not budging at all its like its welded or super glued on, I am using some water pliers on both points here but its not...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Can anyone help? I have been searching but with no luck. I am trying to fit a Duravit shower trap which has a 50mm outside diameter euro pipe size outlet. I need to attach it to a 40mm UK size waste pipe and would prefer to solvent weld it as the pipe will be under a tiled...
Replies
Views
Hello Everyone ;0 Iv just discovered this forum, looking through internet to find a solution to my small problem. So I just reopened, builders opening in my 1930 ex-council house. And surprisingly, did find some pipes inside. Two look like water - those have been cut, and those are like side...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock