Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone recommend a decent power flushing machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to buy a power flushing machine for domestic use.
Can anyone give me info on whats good in the market?
Thanks for any help you might give.

Martin

used a kamco for about year and half, cant fault it, and the kamco team are friendly and full of useful info, plus i think the flushing corse is free if you buy a machine from them. :)

I also use kamco. Never had any problems and very handy for me as they are local and I can just pop in and buy chemicals whenever I want.

i have had a norstrom from about years now good as gold and recently put in a heater. seen ather peoples machines much of a muchness realy. try this guy same manufacurer as kamco but a lot cheaper
Abcotuk

Kamco here been running five years flat out .
Only thing it lacks is a heater which the fx2 cleaner does work much better if heated. Anyone no of any rod device heaters i could put into the tank?

you could put in an immersion but you will have to cut a hole and tap the thread maybe get hold a local engineering company to do it? Do a google search there was a company in the states that will make them up for you nice everlasting titanium job that just screw into the inspection hole. or you could just shell out for a proper one from kamco?

powerflush filter

has anyone used the power flush filter with there machine, if so would like to know if the results are as impressive as the manufacturers say because i am thinking of buying one

I have a Proflush unit, Norstrom is the company.

Good units, well built, decent pumps, double dump what more can you ask for :)

I bought the kamco magnet filter recently. Awesome! really makes a difference when you show someone what youve taken out of their system.

A friend of mine told me that he saw a new gadget at phex by the magnaclean people which means you can clean systems in two hours without a flushing machine. Persnally I think he might have had a few too many pints that lunchtime but he swears thats what the sales girl told him. Has anyone else heard about this?

I have the Fernox machine with the pump head adaptor (very useful) and the Magnom magnetic filter (not so useful). Find it to be a great machine in all.

I use a fernox power flush unit and a magna clean flushing attachment...... BRILL

Norstrom powerflush with heater and two magna cleans attached, it pulls all the crap out...

Not cheap but saves time..

Norstrom powerflush with heater and two magna cleans attached, it pulls all the crap out...

Not cheap but saves time..

How have you connected two magnacleans to your nostrom pro flush, i have one also and was thinking of buying the magnets from nostrom to bolt into my tank but its not cheap how have you done the modification on your machine?

regards mike

We use the norstrom Proflush - State of the art flushing equipment - Homepage and have the heating and magnetic filter additions. It’s an excellent machine, the mag filters work well and stop a lot of crap recycling back into the system which reduces the time required to flush. Testing the water before and after treatment demonstrates how effective the machine is. We've used other machines when working with other companies before coming across the norstrom and wouldn't use anything else. A huge advantage is the reduced amount of time required on the job for an effective result, meaning more jobs can be done on the same day with good results. If you have the work its worth getting, as it pays for itself in speed and efficiency...

Magnaclean filter, top notch product.

[DLMURL="http://www.adeysolutions.co.uk/magnaclean_powerflushing.asp"]ADEY - MagnaClean PowerFlushing Filter[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just brought a 2nd hand C30 kamco power flush machine. Their website claims there is free training but it appears if the previous owner has registered the serial number then no one else is entitled to training. What a mean spirited "computer says no!" bunch of people Kamco is.
Bottom line is don't buy a 2nd hand Kamco power flush without checking the serial number is valid for training.

wow, another post about a 2nd hand Kamco powerflushing machine. Are you trying to shame them into providing training? lol

CES, I would'nt go on their course even if they paid me. It was really annoying after I forked out ÂŁ500 to be treated like a 2nd class citizen. If I had know all this I would of stayed well clear of Kamco. I just don't want others to fall in the same trap.

Also, to be honest I doubt if Kamco read these forums. They don't seem to care about public relations.

it's not a trap you brought the machine from ebay and you said the chap had brought it second hand as well. you can't really expect kamco to give you free training for a machine which is effectively third hand at least.

No Steve its not a trap. I was a bit harsh but its really potluck. The previous owner got it. He was lucky

My point is its worth enquiring when buying a 2nd hand machine if the training place has been taken.

alexmiles...be reasonable mate!!! There's nothing wrong with trying to get something for nothing, but come on, bite the bullet son! Pay your ÂŁ45 and get yourself trained properly. Good investment. You'll make your money back in no time. My Kamco flusher paid for itself in 4 jobs..and I paid full whack for a new one!!!!! If you've got one of their pumps in decent working order for 500 quid then you got a right bargain.

I hope for your sake Kamco don't hold grudges when you go crawling back to them for help or spares :p

AFLT

You have a good point. I may of been a little annoyed at the time.

ÂŁ55 I suppose it not the end of the world but I wished I knew before buying as I could of bargained some off the sale price.

wow i thought my other half was tight lol

You have a good point. I may of been a little annoyed at the time.

ÂŁ55 I suppose it not the end of the world but I wished I knew before buying as I could of bargained some off the sale price.[/QUOTE]

Lol you think you bye somthing second hand the company going to train you up on it come on be real

Its not a question of being tight. Its luck of the draw if a 2nd hand machine's serial number has been used before. I think its worth investigating first before buying one as you could get some price reduction.

Anyway I've now done the training with Fernox. Cheaper than Kamco.

End of matter

Its not a question of being tight. Its luck of the draw if a 2nd hand machine's serial number has been used before. I think its worth investigating first before buying one as you could get some price reduction.

Anyway I've now done the training with Fernox. Cheaper than Kamco.

End of matter
But your using a kamco machine lol

Both the CF20 and the Fernox mk2 operate more or less in the same way. In fact there's no difference except you can use fernox machines at higher tempertures (80c). Also, I believe the fernox is a better made machine according to my local hire company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone recommend a decent power flushing machine in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock