Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Can anyone identify this Redring boiler? in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Mrajv2018

Mrajv2018 New Member

Hi all,
    I’m a homeowner with an old (>15 years) Redring central heating boiler. I’m trying to identify it so I can find out more info and determine what servicing it requires, if any. The boiler has a galvanised steel casing and is built into the fireplace. There is a separate pump to circulate water around the radiators. I also have a separate immersion so assume this isn’t a combi. I’d be grateful for any leads because Redring can’t help!
    Thanks.

765CF23C-AC4B-435A-BD7D-20FBC6A4FE99.jpeg

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I can safely say , its not a combi .

3. snowhead

snowhead Well-Known Member

And it's not Gas.

I would say the elements are behind the plates where the flexible black conduit goes into the boiler.
    After confirming safe isolation the connections to the elements would need checking for tightness.
    As would connections in the control box.

And using a clamp ammeter confirm the current for each element.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

Very little servicing required to electrical boilers.

5. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

leave it alone, run it till it busts and get something new - electrical stuff like this is ace left alone - dont fiddle

6. Mrajv2018

Mrajv2018 New Member

Thanks all. I’m trying to find out what the model might be. I’m selling the house and want to be able to convince potential purchasers that it’s a good system. It’s worked fine for the 13 years I’ve owned the house but it doesn’t seem to be enough.

7. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

let the buyer beware ...is the term