Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Can anyone help?? New kitchen tap in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Loubanez

Loubanez New Member

Hello, I'm a DIY'er
    I've bought and fitted a new kitchen mixer tap, hardly anything comes out from either the hot or cold when turned On, just a constant dribble,
    I've got a combi set up all pipework is run in 15mm,
    The bath and sink taps are okay, although if the cold tap is running on the bath and the hot is turned on next to nothing comes out from the tap,
    I had a plumber come round and he has measured my water pressure at about 3.3 bar. He's now suggesting that I may have poor flow rate? Or that the bore of the kitchen taps is too narrow. But the bath seems to fill up in a reasonable amount of time,
    Could I just need a new tap?
    I'm not going behind my plumbers back here btw, just after some advice as I havnt really got a conclusion yet,

2. Loubanez

Loubanez New Member

Btw I've tried the kitchen tap in my bathroom and still get the same poor results,
    I have a main lead pipe coming into my property
    Thankyou

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Is the new tap connections flexi ? Are they twisted

Valves fully open etc check the simple things

4. Loubanez

Loubanez New Member

No twists or kinks valves are definitely open as I've tested the flow with the provided flexi's before the tap and they seem okay

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

It's the tap then

How much did you pay for it ?

6. Loubanez

Loubanez New Member

£39 toolstation

7. Loubanez

Loubanez New Member

Can you advise any half decent taps for a budget ?

8. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Filter on end of tap spout? Are you saying you get no water at all out of your hot tap when the cold tap on your bath is running?

9. Loubanez

Loubanez New Member

I'll go and check, I get a dribble coming out of the hot when the cold tap is on, can I post vids on here?

10. michcosg

michcosg Member

It does seem as shauncorbs suggested there is a problem with the new taps and as sammathias also suggested I would check the spout filter The process of changing taps can displace debris in your pipework which can end up blocking filter

You seem however also to have a poor flow rate into the property so I would ask your plumber to confirm that

11. Loubanez

Loubanez New Member

What if anything can be done about poor flow rate? I didn't get time to check the tap for a filter yesterday but I will do later on today.

12. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

I'd like to disagree with the new tap being at fault now after you saying about your other taps being poor also. You need to get a plumber to check your flow rate, dynamic pressures. Could be fault at stoptap, blockages somewhere... Also check filter at boiler for hot water side.

13. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Is the internal and external stop tap fully open?
    Do you have a outside tap you can test from?

14. Loubanez

Loubanez New Member

20180716_202523.jpg 20180716_202515.jpg Just thought I'd give an update on this incase anyone is interested.
    Turns out it was the tap, I got the cheapest tap I could get my hands on, found one on gumtree for a tenner, replaced it and new tap works perfectly, good pressure and flow.
    Bottom pic is the new tap