Search the forum,

Discuss Can a gas boiler flu run externally from ground to second floor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

does anyone know of a system that will allow a gas boiler (any) with a flu length to reach the ridge line (second story from ground) on the outside of the house, so about 7 or 8m? The boiler can be mounted on the external wall so there is only one bend.

We have an annoying neighbour and so cannot vent onto his land but cannot find a flu system that will allow this?

I’m pretty sure most boiler manufacturers do a concentric fluing system (I think it’s called this) 2 individual flues one for product of combustion and the other for air in take

Intergas do as above or a normal concentric vertical flue up to 10m but you must factor in the fittings a 45 degree bend is equal to 0.5m of a meter and a 90 degree bend is equal to 1m of flue each section must have a bracket adjacent to the joint be accessible for inspection in case of leakage in the years to come and to examine it for its integrity . Kop

Screenshot_20190121-201230_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190121-201305_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20190122-051002_Drive.jpg

Reply to Can a gas boiler flu run externally from ground to second floor? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I’m hoping for some perceptive / input as I’m a long-distance landlord trying to unpick the best thing to do. Gas safety certificate was done on my rental flat (1st floor) which has a 10 year old Aviston E-combi EVO boiler. It failed based on rusting external flu components, which has...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, i've just moved into a property last month and begun to take note of things that may need attention. One of which is the feed to a 35kw system boiler appears to be in 22mm flexible steel pipe (tractpipe, or teslaflex or w/e). Distance from the meter is only 4m-5m or so, and I assume...
Replies
Views
N
Our ~15-year-old boiler just broke down (the spark igniter gave out), and set out a discussion to go ahead and replace it, as it's starting to kettle as well, and it will probably just be downhill from here. Background: 1905 built (renovated in 2010) Edwardian terraced. The house is 2 floors...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler. Initially we thought the boiler may stay in place but after discussions with the builder we would have to move the boiler to replace the floor and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock