Search the forum,

Discuss Calorex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eaton

Had a good chat withn them today, anyone used them as i have 3 jobs to quote and want to try and stick with 1 firm, im viessmann and dimplex trained but viessmann dont really want to deal with airsource and dimplex are a pain to get hold of, wondered where calorex were in the league table of air source

Heard a lot of mixed reports about them tbh. I was at Vaillant's launch of their geoTherm air today in Edinburgh. It seems pretty good but then again I had my vaillant specs on I guess. lol

Not good then?? It really is difficult I find sorting these out. Daiken and mits want you to do their training but after 2 manufacturer courses and 1 actual heat pump qualification why do I need it?? Plus heard mixed reports about them. Might give Dimplex a call too then, see if I get through

Can't stand the fact you keep having to go on these manufacturers courses just to fit the stuff, heard mixed reviews about both mits and daiken

Just installed four HT's in the last two weeks all getting a COP of 3.5 to 3.6. The reason Daikin insist on you doing their training is to stop people installing them that don't know what they are doing. If the heat loss calcs are done correctly and the right size heat pump is selected there is not a problem.

Just priced up 2 systems against daiken that have been well oversized so I don't believe all the "you need to do our course" bull****

Mitsubishi's the same. The thing is I agree with their sentiment although I believe they shouldn't charge for the training, after all you will be buying their gear. Personally I found the Ecodan quite easy and interesting. Ive not looked at Daikin but I see they have a monobloc out that you dont need F gas quals for think I might give them a bell

What I like about Daikin is the split system that you can have the outdoor unit up to 70 mtrs away. Just about to install a 50Kw high temp unit that only has one outdoor unit. Installed about 50 Daikin systems so far and a lot of our clients are saving a lot of money on their running costs.
Some have halved their fuel costs.

Yes. I use a sub-contractor for the fridge pipe. Works out cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Calorex in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock