Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Caleffi Pressure reduction valve causing noise in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. angefoh

angefoh New Member

OK I have recently installed a Caleffi PRV to a 28mm pipe.
    Incoming pressure I am informed by local plumber is 7 bar and I have reduced this to 3 bar. The trouble is that the prv is causing a nasty vibration/humming noise when using any of the taps or shower down stream of the unit.
    Any ideas

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Have you fitted a shock arrestor?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

Which type & size of Caleffi PRV has been installed?
    Do you know if it is the dynamic type ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. johnduffell

johnduffell Member

Could be the flow rate is so low for the size of valve it's bouncing. Have you got a straight run of pipe after the prv to stop it reflecting back and forth and resonating? Ps I'm not a qualified engineer.

5. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Post a pic of the valve installed.
    It could just be a faulty valve.

I know the sound you are mentioning - it could wake the dead.
    Does the valve installed have and isolation valve built into the valve or is it just a plain PRV?
    If it has an isolation valve built into it, that could / would be the problem. Try finding a plain PRV and installing a ball valve on the inlet side