Search the forum,

Discuss C&G Level 3 System Planning Exam? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
I hope you know what you have enrolled for because as I have tried to explain before the Diploma 6189 is an NVQ qualification, that is you have to be working in the trade to pass the on-site units !!! You CAN NOT do the collage side & the work side separately!! & if you do not have a L2 NVQ 6089 you should not be able to enrol for this L3 6189.
There are NO training centre's fast or otherwise that can provide the ACS without you working !!! If I where you I would do some real investigations (contact C&G) & get some independent advice, otherwise I can see a lot of tears & wasted money in a year or so.
Good luck.
I have had a look on the Trafford College web site, they may have L2 Diploma plumbing courses on there but these are NOT the 6189 NVQ ones, you are being conned if they are telling you they are. We can not help you any more unless you will take note of what is being posted !!!! go back to them & find out what it is in writing & speak to or look at C&G site before you waste your £1,300 & time.

Hello Chris Watkins
Thank you for informing me 1 other thing this is what trafford college are offering me. What would your suggestion be on this. this is the one whcih is replacing C&G 6129 Technical certificate [h=1]Details For: Level 3 Diploma in Plumbing Studies - Adults[/h][DLMURL="http://www3.trafford.ac.uk/courses-detail?FactSheetCode=GP-14-12&market=BT"]Courses Detail[/DLMURL]

[FONT=Segoe UI, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what the colleges have pressurised C&G's into coming up with as a replacement to the 6129 Tech Cert so they can sell this to people like you & keep their plumbing departments going !!!!! but the reason for doing away with it in the first place was, I though, to stop the public thinking they could enter the industry on the back of a short course backed by the City & Guides brand without realising that the industry / employers only recognise NVQ's.
Mohammed if you take up this course you will not get an NVQ, you will not be able to take the ACS gas which leads to being GSR & there is a very good chance you will not get a job on the back of it. You will have to pay & pay but at the end of the day without a job working in the plumbing / heating industry you will not be trained nor qualified. However difficult it is GO & TRY TO GET A JOB.
Sorry!

Chris, you don't need to have a NVQ to get ACS. To Mohammed, as Chris said, you will only get tech cert, so would need to pay another 1600 or so for NVQ and find somebody to do your NVQ portfolio with, which will take another year or so. They planned to merge tech cert and NCQ together so people enrolling on course had to have an employer in order to success. Tech cert itself gives you no experience just some plumbing knowledge. I don't know what happened, if they merged or just renamed courses. Maybe different colleges offering different stuff, but this would be so confusing to people, as in my opinion, it should be same throughout whole England.

I would suggest, if you not over 24, to find somebody who will take you on and get some experience, you can then enroll for NVQ and finish your portfolio. I think you should be able to enroll anytime, as long as college have somebody to check your portfolio.

Chris, you don't need to have a NVQ to get ACS. To Mohammed, as Chris said, you will only get tech cert, so would need to pay another 1600 or so for NVQ and find somebody to do your NVQ portfolio with, which will take another year or so. They planned to merge tech cert and NCQ together so people enrolling on course had to have an employer in order to success. Tech cert itself gives you no experience just some plumbing knowledge. I don't know what happened, if they merged or just renamed courses. Maybe different colleges offering different stuff, but this would be so confusing to people, as in my opinion, it should be same throughout whole England.

I would suggest, if you not over 24, to find somebody who will take you on and get some experience, you can then enroll for NVQ and finish your portfolio. I think you should be able to enroll anytime, as long as college have somebody to check your portfolio.
I know you are trying to help but you don't understand there is, or shortly will be, NO 6129 Tech Cert or 6089 NVQ both have been replaced by the 6189 Diploma (please see above) at present this is only offered by C&G but hopefully it will also be offered by other awarding bodes (I think BEPC are going for it) & the sooner the better is some of the exam questions that the Guilds are now asking are anything to go on.
Try this one on for size guy's (this is to a 1st or 2nd year Plumbing apprentice) What is the lowest temperature at which superheated steam can exist ? NO. Well how about What is the formula for the mechanical advantage of a screw, no jokes please, these are 16/17 year olds.

There is nothing stopping you from trying !! in the old day they use to (7 years & you had to pay the plumber, on the plus side they had to feed you) my son hopefully starts a trial on Monday no pay (I have to fine his fairs to London & feed /keep him).

Hello,
Chris Watkins
I have been offered this course for September C&G 6035 Diploma in Plumbing Studies Level 3 fulltime. If, I get an apprenticeship after I complete this, I can then do the C&g 6189 Diploma in Plumbing & Domestic Heating Level 2 & 3.
Would this be correct, if yes. Do you know anything about this C&G 6035 Diploma, is it the same as 6129 domestic plumbing studies level 3 :/ Thnk you

Hi mate
I no nothing about the C&G 6035, as it is so new & we are not doing it here, talking to a colleague it looks like it follows a similar syllabus as the 6189 so you should be OK but two things to watch out for
1. Learning plumbing is a complex thing, it is a combination of acquiring knowledge & putting that knowledge into practice, then modifying your actions until your skills are homed. This cannot just be done in a college or training center, only in the workplace, please try to get an apprenticeship so you are working & learning at the same time, however difficult this is, otherwise your learning will be impaired.
2. Cant remember how old you are but you need to watch the funding, if you are getting the 6035 for free & then move on to the 6189 you may be ask to pay, as the funding from government starts to drop off when you get to 18 +.
Find a training agent & check with them (J.T.L, BEST, or your College may be one)
Good Luck for the future Mohammed.
Chris

Last edited:
Hi Mohammed, Please find up date just got this email from guilds don't know what this means for you in Sep, I would get back on to your college?

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for contacting City & Guilds Customer Relations.
Course award number 6035 is no longer running.
I recommend you follow this link to find out more information on our range of currently running plumbing courses: [DLMURL="http://www.cityandguilds.com/1112.html"]City & Guilds | Plumbing qualifications[/DLMURL]
Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Relations team on
[COLOR=#49535A !important] 0844 543 0033
[/COLOR]
Yours sincerely

Amin Ech-Chadli
Customer Relations Advisor | Customer Relations
City & Guilds - Believe you can

T: Centres
[COLOR=#49535A !important] 0844 543 0000
| T: Learners
[COLOR=#49535A !important] 0844 543 0033 [/COLOR]​
T: International
[COLOR=#49535A !important] +44 20 7294 2885 [/COLOR]​
F: +44 (0)20 7294 2413
City & Guilds | UK home
[/COLOR]
City & Guilds, 1 Giltspur Street, London, EC1A 9DD

Last edited by a moderator:
its on the ofqual website Chris

If your short of info id contact C&G direct

Hi i need to re - sit my City and Guilds LEVEL 3 Plumbing ( 300 SYSTEM PLANNING ASSIGNMENT ) ANY ADVICE HOW TO PREPARE TO PASS EXAM

Hi i need to re - sit my City and Guilds LEVEL 3 Plumbing ( 300 SYSTEM PLANNING ASSIGNMENT ) ANY ADVICE HOW TO PREPARE TO PASS EXAM

Read the book. If you're competent you will pass.

However it did make me giggle and think of this

ehy8uvum.jpg

Hi & welcome to the forum
What questions did you fail on last time & can you remember what paper you were given A,B or C??
Are you OK on sizing the cold water pipe ? Heatloss ? Waste & soil runs ? give us some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to C&G Level 3 System Planning Exam? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock