Search the forum,

Discuss Bypassing faulty room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If removing the two wires from the room stat that connect to the boiler to place a link in the room stat terminals in the boiler. As I think a faulty room stat is stopping the boiler from firing. Is it acceptable to leave the link in till I can pop back with a new stat? Bad practice I guess

yes aslong as its made safe eg no elec exposed

link them in the stat?

If I remove those two at the bottom of the picture that are from the stat. And link them. How do I make those two safe.

IMG_20190704_200517.jpg

leave them outside of the boiler case in a choc block and put a link in where they were

You do not link them in the boiler mate as for some boilers you have to be gas safe registered to access to cables you are talking about.

both are :D

If removing the two wires from the room stat that connect to the boiler to place a link in the room stat terminals in the boiler. As I think a faulty room stat is stopping the boiler from firing. Is it acceptable to leave the link in till I can pop back with a new stat? Bad practice I guess

What makes you think the room stat is at fault? Link them out, just connect them into one room stat terminal, and test fire boiler before purchasing new room stat. Make sure that you link the correct wires!

This may all seem obvious, but I fear that the OP's questions suggest a limited range of experience.

Reply to Bypassing faulty room stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock