Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Buying Reccomendations for Bathrooms in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Julian Such

Julian Such New Member

Hi,
    I am looking to buy two bathrooms shortly including shower trays, glass, shower enclosures, bath, basins, you get the idea.

Does anyone have a reccomendation for where I should go, I am looking for mid market products which should last or can anyone reccomend B&Q, Homebase, Wicks etc? I have heard conflicting views about some of the better known on line places.

Thanks

2. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

City plumbing or other proper merchants

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I second a proper plumbers merchant.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

My answer depends on the answer to a question back.

How long are you intending to stay?

If it's 2 yrs plus then I agree 100% with the guys because all the 'sheds' & online retailers generally import pretty poor quality products.

If you have to live with it, use it and maintain it then get products with a proper reputation to uphold. I'd go so far as to even say stay away from the likes of Frontline as in my experience over its existance is that it simply does not standup to family use.

5. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

I can’t recommend any of your places.
    I can recommend buying quality branded materials like Hans grohe taps. Kudos shower screens and vitra pottery.
    Then you can buy those from the cheapest place.

6. Murdoch

Murdoch Active Member

Avoid big sheds, avoid buying on price based decisions .. unless of course you are doing a dirt cheap make over and sell on