Search the forum,

Discuss Business Grant Scam??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryD

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I've recently received a phone call from Business Grants & Funding ® - Easy Funding for Business Growth.. They called from out of the blue offering me the earth. It was too good to be true......!! Then yesterday I had the great news that they may be able to accept me for the grant and needed to contact them for more details. I realised I was being sucked in to this "Too good to be true" thing and googled the telephone number. That flagged a couple of complaints to this number which led to comments about a scam.
I just phoned them and challenged them on a couple of issues about who is giving the Grant and received waffle about a finance company. Again I challenged (not wanting to be liable for a loan). It was then I was told I will be expected to contribute 30% toward MY OWN GRANT!! In the interest of decorum I won't go into detail of what was actually said but the conversation went downhill from there.
Be aware that there are con men out there, if it sounds too good to be true it ALWAYS is!!

A GSR should take financial advice only from their own accountant for pretty much the same reason an accountant should only have their heating serviced by a GSR.

The point is that this was not financial advice, it's being peddled as a Government Grant
I've recently received a phone call from Business Grants & Funding ® - Easy Funding for Business Growth.. They called from out of the blue offering me the earth with a nice big Government Grant. It was too good to be true....!! Then yesterday I had the great news that they may be able to accept me for the grant and needed to contact them for more details. I realised I was being sucked in to this "Too good to be true" thing and googled the telephone number. That flagged a couple of complaints to this number which led to comments about a scam.
I just phoned them and challenged them on a couple of issues about who is giving the Grant and received waffle about a finance company. Again I challenged (not wanting to be liable for a loan). It was then I was told I will be expected to contribute 30% toward MY OWN GRANT!! In the interest of decorum I won't go into detail of what was actually said but the conversation went downhill from there.
Be aware that there are con men out there, if it sounds too good to be true it ALWAYS is!!

The point here is that they claim to be offering Government grants. In reality I believe they are making loans in your name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Business Grant Scam??? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock