1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss BT Openreach cold calling scam. in the General Off-Topic Chat area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. gmartine

gmartine GSR

I received a call today from BT Openreach saying my broadband would be cut off as they'd detected some unusually activity from my IP address. Slight panic what do I do?

Well the usual thing is they get you to speed test your connection and suggest it was being compromised and then install Team Viewer so they can get access and look around your system. I said my broadband speed looks fine but can you tell me who my ISP is and my account number....click.

How to spot if you've been contacted by a broadband phone scammer

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I’ve been having them for ages I’m now begging them to actually turn it off good luck :D

Also ignore the there shutting down your bt mail service if you don’t respond

• Like Like x 1
  3. bacon_sandwich

bacon_sandwich GSR

BT Openreach dont deal with the end customer, they will never ring you up.

4. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Correct, had a similar call quite a few years ago when my young lad took it and was taken in. He finally realized what was going on when he could see the caller going through an album of family pictures so terminated the connection.