Search the forum,

Discuss BRTRF & BR1 Connected but no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
Any assistance would be very welcome.

I have hot water but no heating. I have a BossTherm BRTRF wireless thermostat with a BR1 receiver in the airing cupboard. The green light is constantly on on the BR1. When I raise the thermostat you can here a 'click' in the airing cupboard but nothing happens. The orange/yellow light also comes on when I hear the 'click'. It seems to me that the connection is good but nothing is happening.
The boiler is a Worcester Greenstar Ri.

Any ideas or suggestions would be very welcome.
Thankyou

Pics

IMG_20190120_111800.jpg

IMG_20190120_111752.jpg

Pictures coming!
Thanks for replying

The sender (room stat) and receiver seem to be operating okay. The orange light coming on and off as expected shows that. You can hear the click of the relay. The relays in the BR1 had a bit of a reputation for failing in the past but the clicking sound makes that less likely to be the problem. Next stage of testing would require a multimeter and the skills required to use it without electrocuting yourself. I'd start by confirming the relay contacts were switching correctly and then trace the wiring from there.

Probably best to get a heating engineer or an electrician who is happy with boiler controls to help.

Reply to BRTRF & BR1 Connected but no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Heating and hot water is not working. Plenty of heating oil. I have replaced batteries in thermostat and it seems to be working ok, showing flame to call for heat, and the receiver seems to be working ok with green light, but heating is just not firing. I really am not sure what the problem is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Short version: Do frost protection valves trigger when the water in the pipe gets to threshold, or when the air temp drops? Long version: I'd rather use frost protection + anti-freeze cycle on my mitsubishi ecodan heat pump. The warranty is apparently fine with that combination, and it...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock