Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

helpsy

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all
My father has cover and an annual service contract with BG.They sent a letter at the start of July to book the annual service,when I called them they said the earliest they could do was September,so booked the first available date then.
The day before they were due to come at 8.00am I got a call at 4.30pm to say that they couldn't come to do the service due to workload and would have to re-schedule!!!
I told them that I had taken the day off work and it's a bit late to let me know,I told them that if their people turned up and I wasn't there and they had wasted their time,that it wouldn't be ok with them,and they said if I wasn't there they would just put a card in the box and try again no problem.
This service is absolutely appalling and if it was my place and not my fathers I would cancel it.
Thank God for small companies I say.
Has anyone else had similar experience with BG

bg quoted my mother in law almost 3k to move the boiler about 2 metres onto an oppositte wall. my personal immpresion of bg which is in no way related to this site, is that its an expensive way to look after your central heating system. my mum in law is not the only expensive case i know about. do a little google research and find some more independent reviews.

i clearly wish to state this is my personal opinion of british gas.

bg quoted my mother in law almost 3k to move the boiler about 2 metres onto an oppositte wall. my personal immpresion of bg which is in no way related to this site, is that its an expensive way to look after your central heating system. my mum in law is not the only expensive case i know about. do a little google research and find some more independent reviews.

i clearly wish to state this is my personal opinion of british gas.

you mean to install a new boiler in a different position,because they don't move boilers. british gas prices are about to tumble so hang fire and watch out in the press etc.

many BG engineers are very good at what they do and are definatley well trained, but down here in south oxfordshire there seems to be a small number of them who are determined to rip off the more vunerable people in our society by insisting that boilers are unrepairable and they need new boilers, systems are slugged up, needing expensive power flushes that arnt covered on BG contracts, and finally failing to find simple and basic faults on heating systems, I love BG they generate loads of work for me by disatisfying their customers.
regards
Mike

Bg are ok for peace of mind i suppose, very expensive though. Much better to use a local engineer you can rely on and trust, will work out cheaper and he wont be thinking of his bonus

Bg are ok for peace of mind i suppose, very expensive though. Much better to use a local engineer you can rely on and trust, will work out cheaper and he wont be thinking of his bonus

and there lies the problem!! finding a good local engineer who you can trust!!! i can't honestly think of any in my area who haven't grown and got useless prats employed to do some of there work, thus becoming a small scale BG

no smoggs, i meant move the boiler, they do move boilers, i saw the quote myself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas servicing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock