Search the forum,

Discuss Bristan Echo kitchen mixer lever screw. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Sounds simple but this is causing some aggro. I can't release one of the screws which holds the levers in place. It has a domed/pan combined crosshead/flat blade head and has been in place for some seven years. The water around here is quite aggressive and causes a lot of scale so I guess the screw is stuck with this. I don't want to chew up the screw any more than I can help of course. Any tips for releasing it ? This could apply to any tap lever or handle held in place with a similar screw. Thanks. Alan

I had one only last week. The screw was so balled corroded in I had to change the whole tap.

If you have time, you can try somehow immersing it in descaler, using some WD40 or some PlusGas. If you can't immerse it then try using a well fitting screwdriver bit in an impact driver keeping huge pressure on the tip so it doesn't cam out.

Sounds simple but this is causing some aggro. I can't release one of the screws which holds the levers in place. It has a domed/pan combined crosshead/flat blade head and has been in place for some seven years. The water around here is quite aggressive and causes a lot of scale so I guess the screw is stuck with this. I don't want to chew up the screw any more than I can help of course. Any tips for releasing it ? This could apply to any tap lever or handle held in place with a similar screw. Thanks. Alan

Sometimes what has worked for me is using a decent pozidrive screwdriver, in the screw and gently tap (not like a girl though) with a hammer.

Reply to Bristan Echo kitchen mixer lever screw. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
I would appreciate any advice on how to reattach the lever on the Kitchen tap (see pictures). There is no grub screw hole on the level and the end does not unscrew so I am at a loss as to how to reattach it. Any advice greatly appreciated. Many thanks
Replies
Views
I’m trying to replace a cartridge on a Grohe mixer tap but I can’t get beyond second stage! I have removed the grub screw,but cannot lift off the lever.I have applied some wd40 into the grub screw hole,..but the lever won’t budge. is there any other method for removing the tap lever?…help...
Replies
Views
How do i replace the quarter turn cartridge on this cooke & lewis ricci bath mixer tap . Normally there is a grub screw somewhere to take the handle off, but for the life of me i cannot find one on this mixer. Any helpful suggestions would be greatfully received.
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a rubber/plastic gasket that seems To fit the trap but with it, I can’t get it to screw and lock back on (has lugs so locks after quarter turn. But...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock