Search the forum,

Discuss Bringing positivity into Plumber's life in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Stanios

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all, it's been a while.
Yet another week goes by tying up jobs by which I mean following up on customers with issues. More and more sensing negativity from customers who mostly make out that the issue following your visit is your fault.

This made me realise.. when there is any sort of issue you phone is buzzing, emails going off customers get all hyper and defensive. But 99% of jobs have no issues, the customer is dead quiet, pays usually very late too. There isnt any positive feedback from a job well done you are just happy they paid.

Is there any way of making this a more positive experience? Im worried follow up emails along the lines of "how is your new heating system" will again encourage negative responses more than anything.

Leave sleeping dogs be springs to mind. :)
Customers are like the people who leave reviews of a product online, they moan when unhappy the product doesn`t reach their expectations 100% and say nowt when happy.

As an example, my sister brought a cheap indoor ariel which had to be within 5 miles of the transmitter and moaned it was a waste of money and took it back yet when I checked the transmitter is 22 miles away! :rolleyes:

The awful reality is that the world is now a place full of 'entitlement' & unrealistic expectation. Few people take responsibility for their own actions, even fewer say, and mean, sorry when they screw up because it's always some other bu99ers fault!

I guess ultimately, we have two choices. Do as RPM suggests and simply don't get involved, or head these things off at the pass by 'managing' people's expectations. Doing this at least means that when the stuff does hit the fan, you can politely point out, I told you that in the email I sent you dated April 1st - also the day you opened it! IN other words, "SOD off" :cool:

The internet is a haven for the miserable.
Over 75% of all reviews and comments posted are 'negative' in nature. Tween 5 & 10% are neutral which 'positive' ones to account for a measly 15%.
Apparently a large proportion of that is that people can hide behind some kind of false personna and so often act like an ar5ehole when they would not dream of doing it in the flesh.

With our heads stuck up our backsides (into screens) it's little wonder we tend towards being bl00dy miserable, but it occurs to me that if we go see people we generally will far fewer problems as most are cowards. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Bringing positivity into Plumber's life in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock