Search the forum,

Discuss Brand new salamander pump leaking out of box. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
New pump fitted, this afternoon. No issues, showers, ran multiple times. Airing cupboard checked minutes before leaving property.

Left job about 1730 and get a text from customer to say the pump was leaking while her son was in the shower.

I've raced straight back, thinking perhaps I didn't nip one of the flexis up tight enough but no water was seeping out of one of the casing bolts on the side and it looked like it was leaking from another area on the casing.

It's salamander ct 55+. Not top of the range I know but is there anything that could cause this or is it just bad luck?

Thanks

I too stopped fitting when the quality plummeted a few years ago. I suspect greedy accountants with zero regard for how it leaves installers/users...

I've had trouble with all the cheaper pumps from most manufacturers. Never had a salamander leak out the box but have had them not work at all. Had a couple Stuart Turners leak from the body and same with altech (grundfos made). But then never had an issue with the more expensive models.

Won't touch Salamander after one leaked out the box. Was fine on installation and when I left. 24 hours later water was through the ceiling. Leaking from pump body. Wouldn't touch their **** with somebody else's.

Reply to Brand new salamander pump leaking out of box. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hi there, We have a standard gravitational system at home and a Salamander pump CT force 30pt is part of the hot water system for the 2nd floor. For the last three months, the pump didn't work well and wasn't starting to generate pressure each time we opened the taps/shower handle. At the...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to this forum. I hope someone experienced out there can help me find the fix. We recently finished a building project and had a major re-design/move of all of our hot water (megaflo), boiler and central heating system. I am not a plumber nor do I know much about plumbing but I know...
Replies
Views
Hi guys! I'm getting a dead shower pump replaced with a new one. It's for a 2010 Aqualux Crysta steam cabin and the requirements are a Negative head twin impeller pump, either 2 or 3 bar. (only the shower will be hooked up) Water pressure isn't great in the house, so a negative/universal head...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock