Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bottle Auto Air Value in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. michael fearn

michael fearn New Member

I need 3 auto air value for my CH system. Any suggestions to a good quality 15mm product. I was going to buy the unbranded screwfix ones but some of the reviews are terrible.

Thanks folks.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Manual air vents with an upstand tube once bled you won’t need to bleed them again

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Pickwickpick

Pickwickpick Plumber

As shauncorbs says, go for manual ones, theres nothing to really go wrong with them, auto ones are to prone to leaking for very little benefit over manual ones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Manual air vents never seem to last 2 mins on a mucky system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. ShaunCorbs

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SimonG

SimonG Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Prefer a nice manual air vent, nice bit of pipe underneath.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. michael fearn

michael fearn New Member

If I were to go auto which do people suggest .

8. mfgs

mfgs Plumber GSR

Put a decent lever valve before the auto air vent. Will make future maintenance easier. They all leak sooner or later.

9. ShaunCorbs

there not designed to be left open you know so you will have to close / tighten the bleed screw?

have a look at a sprio rv 2

10. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Trusted Plumber GSR

As above really. Most cheap AAV's will leak eventually and become a nuisance or do damage. There is a Commercial one I do rate quite highly but it will cost a pretty penny and probably be overkill on domestic. I would go for the manual as other suggest. Once vented a system should not suffer with air issues, as long as it has been installed correctly.