Search the forum,

Discuss Botched attempt at fixing hole in ceiling from water leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

raroberts

Hi,

My shower was leaking and it caused a small hole to appear in my kitchen ceiling. I had a go at fixing it - poorly! I filled it with poly filler, sanded and painted.

Some asbestos was found in my house last month (actually just the garage roof), but I'm now being paranoid where else it may be. I think the kitchen ceiling, where the leak was, is just plasterboard, but any idea on how I tell?

Surrounding area of hole was flat, smooth and grey. Any thoughts appreciated.

Many thanks, Russ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 47
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 42
That ceiling looks fine, only artex stipple ceilings contain very small amounts of asbestos.
Whoever found the asbestos in the garage, if it was part of a survey, would of looked everywhere else as well.

They never made ceiling materials out of asbestos. Its usually seals, linings, feed and expansion tanks, lots of pipe insulation...roofs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Botched attempt at fixing hole in ceiling from water leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

There's a leak in the ceiling of my Dad's living room which is on the ground floor and has a bedroom directly above it. There's an in-ceiling speaker where water was dripping from, and there were slower drips coming from a...
Replies
Views
I had a potential leak in the island kitchen drain, but it's no longer an issue after using an auger through the clean-out pipe. The water seemed to be coming out from the base of the pipe. I've removed a section of drywall for inspection purposes. After filling both sinks with water and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, have a leak in landing from upstairs bathroom. This only happens when sink taps are on, not shower or toilet . Think it is a boss connection between sink waste to soil pipe. And think this is happening in corner where toilet is and that is where sink and soil pipe connect Just want...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Recently all the water tanks in the attic were disconnected to connect to the mains water supply (mine was already on mains but the other 5 flats in the building needed to be connected to mains water) and the company were also going to fit PRV's and isolation valves to the pipework...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock