Search the forum,

Discuss Bosch warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I have two 10.8v combi drills, one bought in 2013 and one 2014/15 and both have trigger problems. One failed me tonight (stone dead with full battery) but has suddenly started working again.

How long are bosch blue warranty, I haven't registered them, should I have done?

think its 1 year with out and 3-5 years with

and if they say no open them up and spray with elec cleaner (trigger part)

my SDS Dewalt did that, took it in fir repair and it was the trigger switch that had jumped out of position, the repair guy glued it back in and no charge as its a known issue!

take it apart and have a look mate.

When the first one played up last year I took it apart and the trigger is a sealed module along with the battery indicator LEDs, cost of that was about £40 and could get a bare unit for about that so bought another.

1 year only if you don't register the 3 year warranty.
But do take them back as you might get it done free.
Bosch are not great for cordless. I have one Bosch "Professional" combi drill and it just isn't a professional tool.

1 year only if you don't register the 3 year warranty.
But do take them back as you might get it done free.
Bosch are not great for cordless. I have one Bosch "Professional" combi drill and it just isn't a professional tool.

tbf my 36v has been ace hasnt missed a beat

I'll say this, I have a cheapo Aldi 10.8 drill driver (£15 special offer) and its just as good as these Bosch ones and just the same feel.

I must start registering tools when I buy them.

Must admit I fancy that drill. Looks good value also!
But I have a Hilti 36 volt combi.

what you think of the hilti?

and the new one or old one? eg plus on the end?

I'll say this, I have a cheapo Aldi 10.8 drill driver (£15 special offer) and its just as good as these Bosch ones and just the same feel.

I must start registering tools when I buy them.

Better registering the things straight away and then forgetting about it.
I was told fairly recently by an agent for various professional tools (Dewalt, Panasonic, Metabo, Bosch, etc, that Bosch corded tools are the best, but their cordless are poor and not really professional. He found they got a lot back faulty

I wish I'd bought into the Makita 10.8 and not the Bosch, I thought at the time they were the best, I got the 10.8 Bosch mini circular this week and I'm registering that right now!

what you think of the hilti?

and the new one or old one? eg plus on the end?

Mine is still the current model - TE6 A36. It isn't the chiselling drill (TE30) which costs best part of £900 I think.
It's a great drill for small holes up to about 18mm or more if you step up the drill bits.

No Best, you have enough drills....as I do

I must have at least 20 different drills..

It scares me to think I must have about £5k worth of drills and breakers. I will never really be able to use them all.

Mine is still the current model - TE6 A36. It isn't the chiselling drill (TE30) which costs best part of £900 I think.
It's a great drill for small holes up to about 18mm or more if you step up the drill bits.

bosch you can drill 28mm straight out

It scares me to think I must have about £5k worth of drills and breakers. I will never really be able to use them all.

same

No more for me this year, I mean how many breakers does a plumber need?

The 36v Bosch is a different drill than my Hilti and I am impressed by the specs of it, plus all the batteries and for very little cost really.

500 and comes with 3 battery 4amh very good

True...I have 5 sds drills of various types and at least 12 cordless off the top of my head.

Just been pricing the power tools I have, - about over £5600 if I didn't forget any!
I have also 5 sds drills. 4 cordless drill/combis, 1 ordinary drill, 2 rotary hammer/breakers, 1 breaker, 1 core drill, 1 large grinder, 2 small grinders, 2 multi tools, 1 wall chaser, 1 cordless rip saw, 1 circular saw, 1 cross cut saw, 1 impact driver.
Mental!

Last edited:
U.K. Consumer law is now 2 years of reasonable use not 1. Nothing to do with registration etc, you just need a receipt and take it to the retailer. This was done to bring the UK into line with the EU directive. Big change in consumer rights as of October last year, kept really quiet by the retailers btw. Just check the Consumers Association web site

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been pricing the power tools I have, - about over £5600 if I didn't forget any!
I have also 5 sds drills. 4 cordless drill/combis, 1 ordinary drill, 2 rotary hammer/breakers, 1 breaker, 1 core drill, 1 large grinder, 2 small grinders, 2 multi tools, 1 wall chaser, 1 cordless rip saw, 1 circular saw, 1 cross cut saw, 1 impact driver.
Mental!

Doesn't seem too excessive to me, I daren't tally up my kit.

Mental!

OCD - Obsessive collector of Drills :)

Bosch blue professional is 3years. It does help if you register for extended warranty within 4weeks of purchase but not 100% essential. My Bosch tool failed 2 1/2years after purchase so contacted Bosch service for repair. I told them from the outset that I failed to complete the 36month warranty registration for the product with themselves within the given timescale, however, Bosch still had an obligation to repair the faulty item given the fact that the item failed to last for a reasonably period of time therefore suggesting is was not fit for purpose. With providing 36months warranty this in itself suggests it should last at least 36months. After a couple of emails back and forth they honoured their obligation and sent the repaired item back FOC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bosch warranty in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock