1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Bosch CDI 30 combi boiler in the Gas Safe Register Forum - Public Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Jon Green

Jon Green New Member

Hi, my boiler has been having an intermittent fault no one can seem to cure. When the hot tap is used , usually first time in the morning, it creates the boiler to over heat. I have to wait for it to reset itself and cool down then usually ok. Apparently not heat exchange plate.

2. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Only advice you’ll get my friend is a gas safe engineer we will not provide any advice on diy boiler repairs

3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Moved to correct part of forum

4. Jon Green

Jon Green New Member

Not asking to fix myself but to pass the info to my plumber as he has spoken to Bosch and had no luck. Thought someone on this site might be able to throw some light on the matter.

5. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Fixed price repair then from Worcester if he doesn’t know

Sorry but we don’t give gas repair advice out unless your qualified

6. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

Where are you based?

7. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR

Try a different engineer, one engineer could scratch his head for days where another could diagnose in an hour.

8. Jon Green

Jon Green New Member

Thanks. I have so far spoken to my heating engineer who services my boilers and he said no point in coming out until it completely stops working. Also a plumber who was recommended and I have to say is very good. He came out and said very difficult with an intermittent fault but after phoning Bosch tried their advice but to no avail. I have spoken to other engineers who all are not sure what it could be. Meanwhile I have a boiler the every time we go to have a shower in the morning bangs and shows U9 then slowly drops in temperature until it starts up again. Then it tends to work OK. Not great when it services our house and attached holiday let. Just want it fixed

9. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

If you’re not happy. Then the only option is as above. Fixed price repair from Worcester themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1