Search the forum,

Discuss Booster Pump and Bore Holes. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

DJB

IMG_20181120_154209904.jpg
IMG_20181120_143324740.jpg
IMG_20181120_143634790.jpg
IMG_20181120_143223835.jpg
One of my customers has moved to a remote farm house and the above seems to be his water system.
He wants it sorted out properly but it's not something I have any experience of at all, any suggestions or pointers would be much appreciated!!

I am assuming that there is a pump down the borehole which fills the above ground water cistern. The picture (below) shows the pump which (I think) will pump the water from the cistern into the house. These pumps are very popular in France (and elsewhere) as they provide a constant 3 bar pressure from the pump with the water passing through the inline filter to the house.
https://i.*********/tSOHYHp.jpg
These pumps are very simple and require no maintenance. What is it he wants sorting? If there is no water in the cistern then the borehole pump needs attention, but I suspect that there is water in the cistern as the pressure guage is showing a pressure (probably 3 bar). Give us a few more clues....
This is knowledge gained from having lived in France for 12 years and pumping water from my well to use in the garden/washing the car. Mrs Frelon would not let me use it for the house!!!

It only seems to supply decent pressure for about a minute and not a lot of flow, the house has three bathrooms with a unvented cylinder.
Theres also a UV filter thats not conected to anything does it need one?

It may be that the diaphragm in the pressure vessel has been perforated! Check the pressure at the valve on the right hand side of the pressure vessel (unscrew the black bit). If water comes out the pressure vessel has had it and needs replacing.
If you can read French there is lots of information at www.pompevidecave.net, or a Google search on pompe surpresseur. The water would need analysing to see if it is potable. The UV filter may help, but probably best to buy bottled water for drinking

Good luck.

I'm back there tomorrow so illI have a better look.
Will a pump like this ever be up to supplying a large house were two or more bathrooms can be in use at once?

Are you starting from scratch or what? You have 2 pumps, one in the borehole, one on what looks like a hydropneumatic set. Do you know how it's all meant to work? Is the black tank in its permanent location?
One suggestion is to feed the black tank from the borehole pump, controlled on/off by level probes in the black tank. Black tank feeding the hydropneumatic set for supply to the house taps. Filter and UV kit on the hydropneumatic set discharge. BTW, I once met the boss/owner of Wedeco, one Herr Klink.
The UV might make the water fit to drink, but a good idea for you or the farmer to check the regs. I believe the water companies have to give water for public consumption a dash of chlorine (not necessarily using chlorine gas).

Looking up some of the specifications of this type of pump on Google.fr one can see that they are ideal for automatic irrigation (gardens) and for supplying washing machines, toilets etc. Needless to say the static pressure is normally set at 3 bar and this will drop as soon as a tap is opened.

Typical Power: 900W.
Some go up to 4,2 maxi bars.
Some flow rate of: 4000L / hour.
Reservoir of 24L steel.
Not expensive, can be purchased on Amazon.fr, search on pompe surpresseur

I know of a few French families out in the sticks who use this type of system, as they have no alternative!

I would be more concerned about that above ground tank with no insulation! The filter looks used but they all look like this when you are passing well/rain water! Will be unlikely to cause much of a drop in flow.

Reply to Booster Pump and Bore Holes. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock