Search the forum,

Discuss Bookkeeping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blackstock

Hi,

I'm wondering how other Plumbers are doing their bookkeeping.
A mate is telling me to look at online bookkeeping software as it will save me a % of my accountancy and bookkeeping costs.

Who uses software or excel pays for a bookkeeper to do it?

Appreciate the help. Thank you

Darren

Welcome to the forums Darren, put bookkeeping, invoicing in the little search box (top right hand corner) and have a look through past posts.

I would speak with your accountant and see if they're using anything like for example Xero as if your both using the same it's easier as they can access your details

I do my sales , expences sheets , petty cash etc etc religiously every week.
The accountant has them at the end of the year , pulls them all together , checks everything and sorts out the taxman .
You will need the accountant but the weekly sheets are easy, or just buy a simple accounts book .

I use Excel - I made a very simple spreadsheet that I input all income into one column, outgoings into another, with totals shown at the bottom.

Once every couple of weeks I'll make sure all my receipts are in date order, none missing, and double check that all of them have been recorded on the spreadsheet.

Then the accountant just works off that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bookkeeping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock