Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Boiling Water Everywhere Except Shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Nickmorris6

Nickmorris6 New Member

Hello,

I have a combi boiler that goes directly to the shower (normal - not electric).

I can get boiling water everywhere, except the shower where it is just warm.

I also get luke warm water when running the cold tap in the kitchen sink initially too (only mentioning incase relevant).

Can anyone help me please? I have attached a photo of under the shower if that helps!

Can I fix this? I am usually good with DIY, however have very little plumbing knowledge.

Any help would be most appreciated.

thumbnail_IMG_8726.jpg

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Any chance of a pic of your shower

Sounds like the cartridge in the shower has gone

3. Nickmorris6

Nickmorris6 New Member

Thanks for your reply. Please find attached. It's all newly installed about 3 months ago but fed up of just luke warm showers now!

thumbnail_IMG_8728.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8727.jpg

4. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

check the shower when running is the hot pipe feeding it really hot if so then your problem is either the cartridge or the unit itself. if its only been in 3 months then still under warranty

5. Nickmorris6

Nickmorris6 New Member

I have also attached under my boiler if that is useful where they put in a stop cock

thumbnail_IMG_8729.jpg

6. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Has it been like this from new or was it ok and its now pants

7. Nickmorris6

Nickmorris6 New Member

It's never been nice hot unfortunately, just warm ish.

8. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Probably just wants calibrating, if you still have the instructions it will tell you in there, but basically just take off the temp knob , turn the splines underneath untill the flow gets hot , test with a thermometer to around 42 degrees and put the knob back on .

9. Nickmorris6

Nickmorris6 New Member

Ah I wish I had the manual! Thanks for your help, I will try and contact victorian plumbing and ask for a manual

10. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

That explains why its not working its from Victorian plumbing Chinese import, either it wants calibrating or filters are dirty if none of these take it back

• Agree Agree x 1