Search the forum,

Discuss Boilermate replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Been to 2 jobs today where I need to upgrade the heating and hot water both have boilermates fitted with potterton suprima boilers in the kitchen because of pipework layout still a bit unsure which way to go any suggestions chaps . Cheers kop

IMG_20190611_104559.jpg

Boilermate is open vent 20 old the pipework runs are under chipboard flooring looking for a away of upgrading without ripping carpets and flooring up and causing to much disruption, a unvented pre plumbed cylinder and a heat only boiler is looking favourite ? In my view, cylinder is under the stairs in the lounge which backs on to the garage so I have a route for discharging temperature and pressure reliefs could possibly swap like for like but not a big fan of Gledhill. Kop

Been to 2 jobs today where I need to upgrade the heating and hot water both have boilermates fitted with potterton suprima boilers in the kitchen because of pipework layout still a bit unsure which way to go any suggestions chaps . Cheers kop

View attachment 39110
Not Top Up Mates hey ! I think all Gledhill products are as good as zero, designed & built badly in Blackpool..on a friday afternoon or on a monday morning .the main industry is the co horts of vans on the motorway servicing these way over rated products
my opinion Centralheatking

One of the simplest replacements in this scenario would be the gledhill torrent in my opinion.

Nowhere near as bad as the boilermates in my opinion but fairly straight forward to change to.

If it had been boilermate with integral f&e tank/had been installed with f&e tank sat on top then I would of said potentially an unvented cylinder utilising the (sometimes) copper pipe which was run for the f&e overflow as a pressure relief channel and just extending down to ground level as per G3 req's.

But doesn't looks to be the case in the photos.

Reply to Boilermate replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I seek some advice on replacing an existing regular boiler. I currently have an old Potterton 10-16 Netaheat electronic, which is around 35 years old and still working OK. It is fitted to a std 'Y' plan system with boiler in utility room and separate hot water tank, pump, valve etc in...
Replies
Views
I have a conventional system, Potterton Prima Boiler, into a Pump into a Motorised Valve that feeds the Radiators and/or the pipes in the Hot Water Cylinder. Analogue Controller with slide switches (replaced 2 years ago) and analogue Room Stat and Hot water cylinder Stat. I'm just an amateur...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However, the programmer display is not showing any digits for the clock or anything else so I am unable to program it. It still works the boiler manually...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just looking for some advice if anyone has worked on a boilermate 2000 try to condense the story, Lived in our home 3 years with the system working fine, but 2 days ago hot water stopped. From research it now looks like the past owner already had a problem. They have changed the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock