Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler struggling to keep hot water flowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hey guys

Few months ago I had a problem with my glow worm betacom 30c when running the hot tap it’ll get lukewarm then cold and would keep doing this till the boiler timed out

British Gas sorted it after the 4th visit. Now few months later (not sure if the cold weather has made it worse) the water doesn’t stay hot. It goes from hot to lukewarm then back to hot. It’s like the boiler can’t keep a constant flow of hot water.

Any suggestions what it could be? Tempted to get British Gas back out but will they say it’s a fault even though there’s still hot water ?

Thanks guys

Not supposed to give advice on the open forum related to gas boiler repairs bud you have diagnosed the problem in your question slacky ? think of how your boiler heats the water and you have your answer . Tkop

Heat exchange? Would this affect the central heating ? I think I’ve read somewhere heating and hot water run through different parts of the heat exchange

When the boilers running it keeps going round in cycles. You hear it fire up pilot light ignites runs for 40-50 seconds then starts again. Is this correct? I’ve never noticed this before but can’t say I’ve been listening out for it

Last edited:

Reply to Boiler struggling to keep hot water flowing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
First post as I can not figure this one out. I have a hot water boiler heating system, gas fired, with an HTP SuperStor indirect hot water tank. I'm on well water and have a water softener and two whole house filters for my water. Three days ago I found my high pressure relief valve tripped...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm. I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock