Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Response time Vaillant Ecotec Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I wonder if anyone can offer a simple answer. I have a fairly newly installed EcotecPlus and a pressurised cylinder. After using some hot water for a bath, for instance, the boiler takes at least twenty minutes before waking up to replenish the hot water supply. Is there a way to make the boiler wake up a bit sooner?

The cylinder stat is wired directly to the boiler, so the demand is being recognised but not responded to for twenty minutes.

I've asked both my electrician and the plumber who fitted it and neither know the answer. I don't believe that turning on the immersion heater is the right answer.

Thank you in advance

Hugh

You shouldn't be using the whole store for your bath, should be designed to have some left for other things

Any pics of the cylinder?

I wonder if anyone can offer a simple answer. I have a fairly newly installed EcotecPlus and a pressurised cylinder. After using some hot water for a bath, for instance, the boiler takes at least twenty minutes before waking up to replenish the hot water supply. Is there a way to make the boiler wake up a bit sooner?

The cylinder stat is wired directly to the boiler, so the demand is being recognised but not responded to for twenty minutes.

I've asked both my electrician and the plumber who fitted it and neither know the answer. I don't believe that turning on the immersion heater is the right answer.

Thank you in advance

Hugh

Hello Hugh.
Need more info!

What size cylinder and which Vaillant is it?

Is that 20mins to get the cylinder at useable temperature,
or 20mins before the boiler fires up?

The boiler should fire up as the cylinder temperature is dropping whilst hot water is being drawn off.

Reply to Boiler Response time Vaillant Ecotec Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock