Search the forum,

Discuss boiler repair courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyboy

Gas Engineer
hi lads looking for repair course,s on combi boilers i am in newcastle looking for coureses not too far away cheers

Baxi do courses but there HQ is in Warrington, its a good course though, Worcester do one in Bradford, not sure wether this helps!

warrington to newcastle about a 3 hour trip , id say thats a bit too far lol

3hrs is not to bad , think yourself lucky that you dont live in the west country, Glow-Worm in Bristol is as near as we get for any boiler training !!

warrington in january may book last min see how the snow is doing white blanket and freezing at mo up here

Baxi courses at Warrington are very good and well worth going on, but there are actualy 4 courses from memory:
Basic Electrical
Boiler theory? - or similar
Fault finding
Advanced fault finding

Can't do the fault finding course until you've done the earlier ones, not sure if they run back to back or not so at least only one journey if stayed over?

Mr Combi one ok, but done in a shortish 1 day course at a hotel with mobile boiler on a jig so only could do electrical tests - but thats the majority of the tests - he also does a DVD which is ok. But no where near as detailed as the Baxi one.

I did the Basic electrics, then boiler appreciation then the Fault finding 3 days in a row, then you go away and use the skills that you have learnt then go on the advanced fault finding, well worth doing,ive not done the advanced fault finding yet but will be booking on it soon.

Yes i got three Books one for each course on everything that we went through and showing you how to test all your components and about using your multimeter, the books i refer to all the time, very usefull.

I've been on both the MR.Combi course and the Baxi course. I would recommend the Baxi course as it's value for money. Mr.Combi tries to condense a three day course into one day. It becomes very difficult to remember everything taught on the day.

Get inntouch with the wooooshta rep they do them at killingworth. Also baxi do some at peterlee
Ideal amd a few others at or near leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to boiler repair courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hello, I am looking for an honest opinion please, with my current employment I get a lot of time off, I am considering completing a gas safe course with the view to use my spare time to potter about doing boiler services and that only, am I naive to think it’s that simple? Thanks
Replies
Views
My boiler was serviced a month ago and now it's leaking. Is it normal for the plumber to repair the leak for free seeing as it was so recently serviced?
Replies
Views
Had a call to a 82 Old man, he paid these £300 up front for a years cover, and I find out on arrival he's been waiting for 3 weeks, no heating or HW.. ( I had to dig backwards from the customers phone number he had) . Turns out the email for invoice i asked for is fake, dont reply to my text...
Replies
Views
Hi I've been to a customer today that has a 9 year old baxi duo tec40kw boiler,it runs 20 radiator that all work fine,they have 2 bathrooms and 1 electric shower and again have no issues with hot water.Over the last 4 years baxi have repaired the boiler on 8 occasions, with faults on gas valve...
Replies
Views
J
Hello, hoping someone can advise me. My boiler stopped working - no hot water or central heating. Called out a company who came and assessed the problem as being that the hot water element in the immersion tank needed replacing. (I don't know exactly what it is called as the company has still...
Replies
Views
Johnno1966
J
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock