Search the forum,

Discuss Boiler Pressure Loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Boiler has been losing pressure for a couple of weeks and just got round to having a look.

Seems to be a leak on the cold water feed into the boiler. On the attached photo is two taps and it’s the top one that’s leaking. Easy enough to depressurise the system, kill the lower tap and change this part which I will do anyway but is this likely to fix the problem?

Was thinking the boiler might have a non-return valve to prevent pressure loss so a leak at this location would be irrelevant to the working pressure and my loss of pressure is from elsewhere.

Had a couple of the Rads off for replastering so maybe need to send some radWeld round the system.

Boiler is a Worcester Greenstar 30CDi Combi. Also, what is the black unit in the photo? I presume some kind of water filter. Any help muchappreciated.

image.jpg

Hi Dan, if you have a leak on the cold feed to the boiler, this won't cause a pressure loss on your system. Looking at your photo, the pressure loss is due to the leak on your filter. The water markings are quite evident. Perhaps tweaking the cap tighter may help you, but I'd suspect a new 'o' ring seal is required. Best wishes, hope you get sorted.

Another leaking fernox TF1 we find this problem frequently isolate the filter remove it and give it a clean replace the seals a service kit is available a smear of silicone grease will help to give a good seal put some on the threaded section aswell , get the boiler serviced by a GSI dont go putting radweld in there that is not the way to go . cheers kop

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to impart some advice.

We haven’t long moved in and unsure when the boiler was last serviced so getting somebody in is certainly on the list for peace of mind. Will service the filter myself and if it doesn’t solve my problem, let the pros sort it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Boiler Pressure Loss in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock